1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use some type of time management device (excel, stopwatch)?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by galaxim, Dec 11, 2014.

1. galaxim

galaxim Fapstronaut

Hi! I wanted to ask you if you're using a daily tool to have a better management of your time, such as the one pointed out at Kratos Guide: http://www.kratosguide.com/16-habits-you-should-do-every-day/

I use a stopwatch to monitor the internet use and to see when it's time to take a break. I also use an Excel sheet with the following information:

coffee
    tea
    general health state
    weather
    gym
    hours of sleep
    time of waking up
    time of falling asleep
    nap
    hours in from of PC
    cold shower
    learning a foreign language
    N° of times I check the mail
    N° of times I check the news

It's mainly to have a statistic of my daily habits. Some cells contain a number, others "YES/NO", others a color.

On another sheet on the same document, I write what I do at each point of the day.
    In the past I used to use a simple Word document, but I've found Excel more useful for this purpose.
    Differently from Kratos, I don't plan to do 16 things everyday, basically I have two routines: mental exercise and body exercise.

Enough about me. What's your method? What do you keep track of?

Galaxim.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. purity

purity Fapstronaut

I was using RescueTime for a bit. I only find a need to monitor my time spent on the computer or being unproductive in front of any screen when I am not working. As I will be starting a new job soon my 'productivity' naturally has fallen back into place and I keep track in my mind without feeling a need for any outside 'time tracking' assistance of important daily tasks, projects, and goals. However when my schedule gets crammed with productive type activities I plan on using Evernote. If that makes any sense lol.

3. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Wow there's some inspiring stuff to keep track of both on your list and the site you referenced. I'll definitely be stealing some of those in future. :D

My daily program currently consists of:
    - Meditation
    - Cold shower
    - Household chores
    - 5+ fruit/ veg
    - Exercise
    - Reading
    - Early nights
    - Update nofap journal
    - Ab exercise set
    - Staying hydrated
    - Fibre supplement
    - No searching for triggers
    - Guitar practice
    - Healthy eating
    - Good posture

I use excel to log my program each week.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  4. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that app, and I wanted to try a time logger application or something.

Perfect timing, thanks!

5. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Rescue Time: Not doing goals yet, Purity introduced me to it I think. But so far it has helped a lot.