1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe in God?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. The dude at the end of the video has the best answer. After over 25 years of meeting and hanging around thousands of differant people with different beliefs, analyzing the real love and trust that comes from True followers of Christ, I could not agree with this guy more!

2. So... it is impossible that everything just happened by "chance", but it is more likely that a god created everything ?

Where did this god come from ? Couldn't be chance, right ?

In the end of the day, none of this matters at all, think what you want to think, as long it hurts no living thing.

FollowYourBeard likes this.
  3. The term "God" is what He was named in context of ancient antropomorphic gods. He is an unknown, the unlimited, we can't discribe Him without parables and approximations. You can meet Him, connect by His grace, but cannot proove His existence, it's illogical. You can, and should sense Him and follow His lead.

I bet it is possible that everything happened by chance, I just know there's more since I've experienced it.

hej då and Deleted Account like this.

4. I cant believe a random explosion created everything and then through trillions of years ( nobody even knows that, its just math and presumtions) evolved into a perfect world system that sustains life . There are way too many things around us that are clear signs of a creator.

I also prefer to know a supreme being created me rather than some random explosion. And by being close to him I can feel his presence in my life.

I made progress with my addiction because I accepted it as a sin more than just a brain problem, and then put my faith in God to help me out. And here I am with nice progress that I would've never thought I could achieve.
    Yes I know some call it an illusion, that its just a mind trick, but its not. I can definitely feel that.

But, everyone with his own opinion.

planters1987 and Roady like this.
  5. Yeah. Good point well made by that guy. In effect, he is saying that with complicated design you need a designer. I have spent the last 6 months or so binging on nature and wildlife programmes. The complexity of life is staggering. Not just as you look at each distinct species, but even more astounding, the incredibly complex ecosystems and how finely balanced they are. :eek: There is no doubt in my mind that a loving, intelligent being of infinitely greater knowledge than the collective of human beings past and present, put this planet and all its natural beings and natural systems in place. Awe-inspiring! :eek:

planters1987 and Deleted Account like this.
  6. I can trully say everyone i've met is somewhat selfish with out him. A true brother or sister will have your back threw thick and thin.

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.
    -John 15:13

planters1987 likes this.
  7. todaysresolution

todaysresolution Fapstronaut

research flat earth
    tell me an enclosed dome is a cosmic accident

8. hej då

hej då Fapstronaut

He didn't come from somewhere, He simply IS.
    If He was created then He wouldn't be a god but a creation.

todaysresolution likes this.
  9. I think this is good that we have science and there is reasonable way out of believing in God. There's much to do in atheistic philosophy yet, but what they have is ok.

We shouldn't believe based on proof, but based on felt love. The experience is enough to know about Him. If it would be this way for everyone there would be no crusaids, no piles for other.

hej då likes this.
  10. Oh my gosh.
    Is that satire ?

This is absolutely amazing.

11. Indeed.

12. There's so much to say in this thread. To say the least I disagree with so much that has been said. :emoji_hear_no_evil::emoji_speak_no_evil:

In some ways he's right but then there's the question that never goes away: where is God when people suffer? I don't mean something like a tragic sudden loss of a love one - I mean people who endlessly suffer and lose everything and everyone they love. I am more with the Greek orthodox in the video. I think a better question is what kind of God is God? He probably does exist but does he actually care?

What? So your faith is all about feelings? I think the Bible is a book of truth not facts, but if there was proof that showed without a shadow of doubt that Christianity was made up then I would be done with it. Please tell me your faith isn't entirely based on feelings.

Well I'm glad it helped you but last place I got help was Christianity, the Bible and the church. All it said to me was STOP SINNING! And the fact is it never helped, it just made me feel condemned and hopeless. I think it's a lot more helpful to view it as a brain problem rather than a sin issue.

13. I'm sorry but this is one of the most ridiculous and ignorant videos on YouTube. You don't have to be an atheist to believe in evolution - some Christians believe in it. Just because someone believes in evolution doesn't mean they're stupid. It's just like people who say theists are stupid because they believe in God. Yes, evolution is a hypothesis and it could be a wrong hypothesis but the creation story is poem. Do we read poetry to truly find out about it's subject? Who would write a poem to give it's audience a history and science lesson?

I think the life of Jo Cox pretty much destroys the theory that all non-believers are selfish. When I found out about her it destroyed the myth I had believed, that all non-believers are selfish. You don't have to be a person of faith to have good character. In fact there's a number of selfish Christians. It's great you have Christians who have your back but many turn their backs on people when they find out about their struggles and doubts.

14. I didn't made myself clear. If there was a proof that showed without a shadow of doubt that Christianity was made up I would be done with it. There's no way to proof God's existance or disproof it, kinda from the definition - if He's transcendent to the world, than He is. (The question is, if so could He interfere). There's no proof, but there are leads, that I studied. Thats from the philosophical point of view.

But from the existential point of view I will not follow God as a well tailored philosophical presumption, or because of Bible's good promise of future great afterlife. I've met God, and so I will follow Him.

Deleted Account and Roady like this.
  15. planters1987

planters1987 Fapstronaut

I believe in one God,
    the Father almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all things visible and invisible.
    I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
    the Only Begotten Son of God,
    born of the Father before all ages.
    God from God, Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
    through him all things were made.
    For us men and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven,
    and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
    and became man.
    For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
    he suffered death and was buried,
    and rose again on the third day
    in accordance with the Scriptures.
    He ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory
    to judge the living and the dead
    and his kingdom will have no end.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
    who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
    who has spoken through the prophets.
    I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
    I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
    and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
    and the life of the world to come. Amen

I live for this creed, I will die for this creed. I love all people, and I want all people to find the love and peace they deserve.
    one love

todaysresolution likes this.
  16. Hossam Magdy

Hossam Magdy New Fapstronaut