1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Guys want to be pursued?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Notmandy, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Notmandy

Notmandy Fapstronaut

So I was having a convo with a buddy on mine last night and he was asking me about my love life...LOL

I told him there is a guy I've liked for 2 years but it's never going to happen because he leads my Bible study and if he liked me, he would've made a move by now.

My friend asks why I don't make a move, and I said there are a few reasons (excuses maybe), but ultimately it's because I want to be pursued. He then tells me that he wants to be pursued and so maybe that's why people never get together because they both want to be pursued and no one is making a move.

I'm a firm believer that if a guy REALLY wants a girl, he'll go for it, but listening to my friend got me thinking: how many guys out there really want to be pursued?

2. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Haha I would love it if I'm not attracted to the girl I would tell her I'm flattered but I'm realizing more times than not I need to make the approach but I'm trying to focus on subtlety body language that welcomes an approach like eye contact big nice smile or her playing with her hair so you can maybe use these things to help him out to make them more comfortable but if they don't get a hint they not interested insecure or too shy so it's up to you lol I'm not looking for girls to approach me it would be nice but subtlety body language is an indirect invitation I know nobody's like rejection but I'm learning since NoFap to have the mindset that somebody perception of you is none of your business and only yours does and no one person should change that good luck

Notmandy likes this.
  3. ContinueFight

ContinueFight Fapstronaut

Believe me, there are guys who won't make a move until they got the perfect non-existing signal of the girl that she likes him, cause they don't want to be in the "embarrassing" position where they got rejected. I was like that too in the past and lost the chance with a girl because of that.
    If you like somebody, just make a move. You can still make him pursue you. It's just like giving him a kickstart.

4. KINGBOT

KINGBOT Fapstronaut

yes,i have always felt the same and never made a move.

Notmandy and Hitto like this.
  5. ContinueFight

Body language is well but if you want to boost your flirting as a woman use body contact (wait, its not what you think!)
    What I mean is, gestures like trying to read the future from his hand. And if you can't read the future then you might tell him something funny while acting like reading from his hand and you'd both be able to laugh about that. But well now that I think about it, if he's in the bible study, he wouldn't like reading the future 'cause thats just superstition and esotericism and god doesn't support that. But I think you got the message

Notmandy likes this.
  6. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Agreed if a girl touches me while talking that's a huge indicator for me

ContinueFight and Notmandy like this.
  7. Notmandy

Notmandy Fapstronaut

lol try to read his palm to flirt and he casts me out as a witch hahahaha

8. ContinueFight

Would be hilarious but if he's that kinda guy I wouldn't recommend him to you x) I don't have anything against having a lot of faith in god (I believe in god too) but overreacting and being tooo sensitive about religion......I don't know.

9. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

I personally like it, but it always seems to inflate my ego unreasonably, whereas if I am doing the pursuing, it requires humility. Think about that for a sec if you like, I'm sure there's some meaning in it you can relate back to your Xtianity. God bless and good luck!

10. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

This weekend I actually try to approach some girls and I started to realize it's all about your energy and being indifferent lol there were a few times I caught some looking at me and I just gave them a nice warm confidence smirk and look them straight in the eye haha if I was still pmoing would definitely not be able to do that I'm at the point where I'm trying to achieve other things than just getting better with women so I'm not obessed with the outcome

ContinueFight likes this.