1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Depression, ZERO motivation

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by SO Broken, Apr 11, 2018.

1. SO Broken

SO Broken Fapstronaut

My fiance is 20 days no PMO. The first week he had amazing motivation and drive and now it is gone. Is this normal? When is that motivation and drive going to come back to stay? He has big dreams and so many projects that he wants to complete but zero desire to put forth the effort.

2. SO Broken

SO Broken Fapstronaut

He is not doing the NoFap program. He feels that he can do it on his own since he quit smoking and chewing with no problem.

I don't feel that he slipped. Idk if he is just in a flatline or what. 10 years ago he had a bad motorcycle accident and was in a coma for a month. I do believe that there are some repercussions of that accident working against him and strongly contributing to the depression.

He says he just has no drive or motivation...

I personally think it may be plateau but I'm just surprised it is happening this early in the recovery process.

Trappist likes this.
  3. NF4L

NF4L Fapstronaut

Yeah the flatline can come on within the first few weeks. It is a sign that he is doing it right. For me my nether regions just felt like dead wasted flesh. It’s like it was just numb down there. Although the bigger affect was the severe apathy, unmotivated, didn’t care, couldn’t really give two shakes about anything. I could still perform in bed, but didn’t really have a libido, or much of anything so to speak. For me it only lasted a couple of weeks, but was very frustrating for my wife. If this is what is going on with him, then it is a sign that he is doing it right.

Trappist likes this.