1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dave Chappelle’s special was great

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MLMVSS, Sep 2, 2019.

1. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I just got around to watching it, and it was a breath of fresh air when it comes to comedy. It’s like going back to the times when comedians actually made fun of everyone instead of force-feeding us unfunny propaganda and cracking jokes about one group of people.

As expected, a 0% from Rotten Tomatoes, and it got SJW’s knotted up. Win-win honestly.

Yay for free speech!

Kiz Whalifa, recon117, LEPAGE and 3 others like this.
  2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I saw it, It was funny. Did you watch the epilogue after?

Kiz Whalifa and MLMVSS like this.
  3. I still need to watch it but haven't yet for some reason

MLMVSS likes this.
  4. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

The media is absolutely flipping because a black guy is making fun of them. Great! I love it.

Kiz Whalifa, LEPAGE and MLMVSS like this.
  5. Honestly, I didn't find it as funny as I had hoped. There were a few punchy controversial jokes that I enjoyed, but I think I only laughed, like, once.

Aziz Ansari's most recent special was actually really funny to me, and he also talked a lot about the harm and danger of "cancel culture." Especially given his own personal experience with it. It was interesting to hear his perspective.

MLMVSS likes this.
  6. ifthecoppertubes

ifthecoppertubes Fapstronaut

As always, it's really thought-provoking.

While watching it, you laugh your ass off.
    And for a week after that, your brain drifts to things he said, as if they had more profound philosophical meaning...

I went jogging this morning and spend the entire time meditating about Anthony Bourdain and the 'urban genius'...

MLMVSS likes this.
  7. I thought it was a good special. I might be biased though because I’ve always enjoyed Dave’s stand up and how he delivers his material. I don’t think it’s right for any group to police what is said by comics; I don’t care which wing your group falls under. Any group that tries to tell comedians they can’t be made fun of is a group that isn’t looking for equality within society; they’re looking for special treatment.

I remember back in the 90’s people were making jokes about conservatives and society’a response to conservatives was:“tough shit. Freedom of speech so learn to take a joke” and that was all that was said. Now on the flip side society says “you can’t say that. You shouldn’t joke about that. It’s hate speech!” from the liberal camps. And they claim conservatives are fascist?

We’re living in frustrating times.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
    recon117, MLMVSS and brilliantidiot like this.
  8. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I think the only part that was bad was the MJ bit at the start after that it was hilarious. His best Netflix special thus far. I’m glad he’s around always has been my fave comedian. Our society is too damn sensitivity, we can’t joke about shit nowadays so I’m glad a guy like Dave is around and make specials like this where he isn’t looking to appease to a certain demographic and instead just saying whatever comes out of his ass.

recon117 and MLMVSS like this.
  9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, I liked the epilogue. A bunch of people I knew took offense to it, and I can see why but I still liked it

10. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

They take offense to it because he's actually successful and hilarious. If he wasn't a giant star, no one would care.

It's like Chick-Fil-A. What really pisses off the left is that Chick-Fil-A is delicious. You're not allowed to be criticize the left and be good. If news came out that the CEO of Waffle House gave $$ to a Christian group, no one would bat an eye.

brilliantidiot and MLMVSS like this.