1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Date advice

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by mirx88, Sep 27, 2018.

Ask her out after that one time that we spoke brieflh?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

hey ladies and gentt! Soo i m wondering, there is this shy religious girl that I met in person only once... i want to ask her out... would she find it weird if a guy ask her out after having a brief convo or do i have to try to some how meet her couple times then ask her out.. like i never know if a girl finds it weird when a guy meets them and talk for like 2 minutesthen ask them out—- I m just afraid of being in friend zone...

2. I'm not sure anyone can accurately predict what she would find weird or not, because we arent her. Some people are totally fine with that and since aren't, so I'm not really sure how to tell you what to do. You just gotta go with your gut, I guess.

Jason_Tesla_19 and mirx88 like this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You won't know if it's weird or not for her until you try. You won't know if she's interested or not until you try.

What you do know is that you want to see her again and you want to get to know her better. That's your truth. It's what you want to express. That's how you meet her half way and allowing her the opportunity to choose. By taking a risk. By allowing the potential for both positive and negative experiences.

Whether you ask her out right away or later on is a risk. If you do it later on, maybe you won't see her again. So it's up to you what risk you're willing to take.

Do you feel it's weird? Weird to have the desire to get to know another person and see her more? Weird to invite her to an activity that allows you to do that? Weird to express your desires? To express your truth? It's not weird. It's nothing to be ashamed of. The only thing you're worried about is how she'll react. That's not something you can control. All you can do is meet her halfway by taking that risk.

My advice is follow your truth. Don't be ashamed of letting her know that you'd like to get to know her better. Hiding that truth while trying to secretly maneuver your way to that goal is my personal concept of "the friend zone". If you weren't interested in something more and you didn't have hidden intentions, then you would just be friends with her. If you're interested in her, then act like it. That's how you avoid being in the friend zone (not dating and not really friends). By living your truth.

koolpal, Saskia Simone and mirx88 like this.
  4. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

5. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

Wow that was awesome. Thank you... i m afraid of rejection.. got rejected before and was embaressing event— developed a phobia of asking any girl out... this happened like a while back... that y i m very hesitant.. i also just wondered from a girl prespective... i mean i know not all girls are same .. but what does the majority think

6. You have nothing to lose. DO IT ! 'Fortune favours the brave'

Saskia Simone and mirx88 like this.
  7. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

I think i will— everytime i decide to do it.. i remember the rejection...

8. I'm a girl, in case you cant tell. Most people assume I'm a guy and my profile doesnt say one way or the other. And I would say I agree with elevate.

I would also say to work on embracing the fact that rejection doesnt have to be taken personally. There are tons of reasons a girl might not want to go out, and not all of them even have anything to do with you. And if she doesnt want to go out because shes not interested in you or attracted to you, that's okay, too. Even the most attractive, smart, funny, amazing people get rejected sometimes. You might be "the one" for someone, but you are definitely not "the one" for everyone. And that's alright. You dont need everybody to like you or want to date you. People have different preferences, and some of them won't match up with what you have to offer, but that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with you.

9. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

Much appreciated.. i really wanted girls opinion bec i wasnt sure how u guys feel... would u say majority of girls like it if a guy makes intentions clear? I think ppl may assume u r a guy bec ur profile pic is of a guy, thats just my opinion.. but thx so much :) and since that rejection, i got depressed for a while, felt like a complete loser.. i dont know y i took it too personal

10. Yes, I think it's safe to say most girls appreciate that. Whether or not she will say yes to the date is impossible to say, but it's good to be clear about your intentions, not just in asking for a date, even, but also moving forward. Like being clear on whether or not you are looking for something casual or more serious. Personally, I believe in getting those things out in the table soon, so you dont waste your time connecting with someone who is looking for something completely different than you thought.

koolpal and mirx88 like this.
  11. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

Well said- thx soo much u r awesome :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

I had bad experience asking the girl out last time which was face to face.. is texting her okay? I dont have her phone but i m thinking of adding her on facebook.. is it ok to text or does it have to be face to face/call? Thanks for ur advice

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  13. Some girls dont like that, but I say in this day and age, its perfectly appropriate, and it might also give her more time to process and respond and not feel put on the spot.

14. Although that might also depend on how old you are, I guess, but I'm guessing you're relatively young, so it should be fine. If youre like a 30 year old man, then, well... probably best to at least call.

mirx88 likes this.
  15. My old recording teacher randomly asked out a girl at his university that he only saw extremely briefly twice a week. They had back-to-back classes, so as she was coming out of the classroom, he was going in. After a few days of building up the courage, he greeted her as she was leaving, introduced himself, and asked her out.

Fast forward 11 years later, he's married to and started a music teaching business with that same girl and they've had three daughters together. Hell, they recently bought a new place. I helped them move in.

The point is, you never know until you try, man. If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.

Deleted Account and mirx88 like this.
  16. Just to expand on what you said with more details from my story:

The girl actually did reject my teacher initially as she was extremely busy and didn't have time to date. But he kept in contact with her, would always compliment her appearance and finally, when she was ready to date, she walked up to him, sat down, and they started a conversation and eventually set up a dinner date at a Mexican place.

So the initial rejection, as far as I know, didn't have anything to do with him. She was just busy.

koolpal, Deleted Account and mirx88 like this.
  17. Failure is why you will succeed ~ Michael Jordan

mirx88 likes this.
  18. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

i think that scarred me when i felt embaressed asking my crush out and got rejected... the point is, would it be unmanly to not ask her over thr phone? As it ll be weird calling her facebook messenger.. i dont have her number.. like am i a coward for texting on fb messenger?

19. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

Thats a great story but he does have more balls than me lol

20. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

Thanks very much!