Dante's Divine Comedy Challenge (DDCC) Signups.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BuddhaPunkRobotMonk, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

BuddhaPunkRobotMonk Community Manager
    Staff Member

Hi everyone... so you've all probably seen me posting a bunch today. Well, I was making the Dante' Divine Comedy Challenge! It's a challenge similar to the Valhalla challenge where staying PMO free for 14 days will advance you up a level. If you stay PMO free long enough, you can reach the final level and become a champion!

The challenge is based off of Dante's Alighieri's epic poem, The Divine Comedy, in which the Roman poet Virgil leads Dante through the levels of Hell, Purgatory and Heaven. The levels players will be able to progress through are these:

The rules are that everyone starts out in the Second Circle of Hell (Lust) and tries to advance to The Empyrean, or abode of God. Relapsing in the First Circle of Hell, Earth or the 1st-6th Terraces of Purgatory will automatically set a player back to the Second Circle of Hell. Relapsing in the Earthly Paradise or in any of the Spheres of Heaven will send the player back to the Seventh Terrace of Purgatory (the Lustful). Players in the Second Circle of Hell or below will go down a level every time they relapse.

If your interested, please sign up. I will update the challenge thread every fourteen days and move people wherever they need to go. Just check the challenge thread to see where you are. You can find the thread here.

This challenge works on the honor system, so it is your responsibility to tell me when you have relapsed. You can do that by posting in this thread.

All players will start out in the Second Circle of Hell, even if they have more than fourteen days in their current streak. This makes the game a bit fairer and also easier for me, as I will only have to update every fourteen days. Players who sign up after the challenge begins will start out in the Second Circle of Hell.

So if you are interested, please sign up!

Don't forget to check out your progress on the challenge thread!

impact123, Supra, Kateshungi and 8 others like this.
  2. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

3. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

4. DireWolf

DireWolf Fapstronaut

im up, i actually read the book and it is amazing, read it right after readin Dan Brown's Inferno

5. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

Everyone's signed up so far.

@DireWolf, yeah, it's amazing, though I never got to Paradiso. Didn't know Dan Brown wrote his own version, haha! Sounds like something he would do. The Divine Comedy is the perfect book for conspiracy stuff.

6. Moxie

Moxie Fapstronaut

I'd like to sign up, please.

7. 2BT2EMW

2BT2EMW Fapstronaut

Hey, unless it is too late, you can throw my hat in the ring for Dante's Challenge!

8. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

Sure 2BTEMW and blindvulture! Still looking for more people to sign up!

9. Dante's Shadow

Dante's Shadow Fapstronaut

How can I not sign up for something like this. I mean, come on! I'm in.

Plus, kudos mumchance for investing the time to put this all together. Thanks!

10. seventyniner

seventyniner Fapstronaut

I'm not really sure if I want to turn this reboot into a game, but you've put a lot of effort in this and I'll try it out. Count me in.

11. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

Haha, I thought you would sign up, Dante's Shadow. And thanks! It was a lot of fun to make.

I understand, but its really more of a challenge. Another tool (albeit a fun tool) to use to keep yourself on track. A little friendly competition might be helpful when you need a little extra push to resist your urges. Anyways, thanks seventyniner, you're signed up!

12. freedbygrace

freedbygrace Fapstronaut

13. wally_s

wally_s Fapstronaut

Please sign me up, as well. Looks great!

14. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

^^You both are signed up!

I'M BEGINNING THE CHALLENGE RIGHT NOW! So keep clean, everyone! I've made a new counter in my sign so I can keep track of the days until the next update. I'm going to be out of town until Tuesday, so don't think I'm ignoring you when I don't respond to any PMs or posts in this thread.

People who sign up to 3 days after an update will be able to enter the challenge immediately, otherwise they will have to wait until the next update.

Don't forget to contact me when you relapse!

15. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

Just wanted everyone signed up to know that the challenge started at midnight last night. I'm not actually going to be gone until Monday... sorry. My trip has been delayed for a while.

16. mike.h

mike.h Guest

Cool idea. I'm in.

17. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

You're in!

Well if you don't relapse, it will take you 418 days... haha, you'll definitely be a superhero by then!

Thanks for joining!

Is it okay if we do our challenge on here instead of Valhalla? I signed up for reddit, but I couldn't get in the Valhalla challenge group or post. I blame my old computer.

18. VeganCannibal

VeganCannibal Fapstronaut

I'm joining in :) I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this! Kudos.

19. BuddhaPunkRobotMonk

Staff Member

20. steez

steez Fapstronaut

sounds great, count me in if still possible :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.