1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Reflections for Highly Effective People

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lucky1, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

"If you adopt a pattern of life that focuses on golden eggs and neglects the goose, you will soon be without the asset that produces golden eggs.

On the other hand, if you only take care of the goose with no aim toward the golden eggs, you soon won't have the wherewithal to feed yourself or the goose"

2. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

The first thing I'd like to contribute is that intimate, particular victory comes before anything else.

As I said earlier today to a friend: You can't go wrong with introspection. When you are able to nourish a moderate state of inner peace and balance with your own feelings, then comes the outside features that we are worth of.

Lucky1 likes this.
  3. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

I've been living in contradiction to some of my principles.

I start to rearrange my priorities according to that.

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

It's always a constant challenge to be so consistent with our principles, just based on being conscience of all your principals all the time. It's great to acknowledge growth though.

"Our unique human endowments lift us above the animal world. The extent to which we exercise and develop these endowments empowers us to fulfill our uniquely human potential."

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

'Between stimulus and response is our greatest power, the freedom to choose'

6. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

"because we are, by nature, proactive, if our live are a function of conditioning and conditions, it is because we have, by conscious decision or by default, chosen to empower those things to control us."

7. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

Be proactive, don't be reactive.

Being reactive is slavery. Know your worth and value your worth by being proactive and change what you want to change. Do it now!

8. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

"True independence of character empowers us to act rather than to be acted upon. It frees us from our dependence on circumstances and other people and is a worthy, liberating goal."

9. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

The secret to success is consistency, if you stop you won't move, if you never stop you'll always keep moving, gaining momentum.

Don't stop.

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

"YOU ARE NOT YOUR HABITS. You can replace old self defeating behavior with new patterns, new habits of effectiveness, happiness and trust based relationships. I encourage you to open the gate of change and growth.

MrPrince likes this.
  11. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

"The Abundance Mentality flows out of a deeper inner sense of personal worth and security. It is the paradigm that there is plenty out there, and enough to spare for everybody. It results in sharing of prestige, of recognition, of profits, of decision making. It opens possibilities, options, alternatives, and creativity."

MrPrince likes this.
  12. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

Love the feeling, is a fruit of love, the verb.

Reactive people make it a feeling. Hollywood has generally scripted us to believe that we are not responsible, that we are a product of our feelings. But the Hollywood script doesn't describe the reality. If our feelings controlled our actions, it is because we have abdicated our responsibility and empowered them to do so.

13. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

It's back, and It's not going anywhere.

"On a ten point scale, if i am at level 2 in any field of skill, and have a desire to move to level 5, i can't move straight there. I have to move toward and conquer step three.

A thousand mile trip starts with the first step, and it can only be made one step at a time"

You must take it one step at a time! Get educated as much as possible.

14. PRTe

PRTe Fapstronaut

That is maybe the main thing for all of us here! It´s a matter of using our own resources and potential to accomplish things that really mean something!
    Thanks Lucky1, let´s all keep focused!

Lucky1 and Dr. King Schultz like this.
  15. Dr. King Schultz

Dr. King Schultz Fapstronaut

Great book I may have to check it thank ye kindly!

16. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

No problems PRTe, probably the most relevant one thus far to everyone on here as you said. We must all adapt and change to beat out plight, without these changes in behavior, these changes in scripts, we will be doomed to forever repeat the past.

"The way we see the problem, is the problem"

PRTe likes this.
  17. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

"People can't live with change if there isn't a changeless core inside them. The key to the ability to change is a changeless sense of who you are, what you are about, and what you value."

18. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Stephen covey best author ever

Lucky1 likes this.
  19. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

I only have access to one book, is there another i should read?

20. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

I only read the seven habits of highly effective people. He has another book first things first and the 8th habit they say they are also great books. He has also another books i cant remember now.
    But im pretty sure he is the best:p
    Im in love with the 7 habits:p

Lucky1 likes this.