1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Quotes To Induce Mental Growth

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by plant goodness, Jul 18, 2017.

1. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Please share any self improvement related quotes. Relating to any aspect of improvement but I will mainly be posting quotes related to inner growth as opposed to outer as in physical type things. But hey some classic bodybuilders had alot of good ones I am mainly saying this to avoid quotes that hinder mental growth. Keep it classy I mean if it doesn't stimulate the mind, I'm not going to lose my temper but I may comment with a gif, I doubt this will happen often if at all but do be forewarned please of the aim of these quotes.

I mean there are quote threads in another section but ya.

2. plant goodness

This one may belong elsewhere but I like it. Some people are depressed on this forum and actually become suicidal. I think being sensitive of you who are interacting with and why is a good idea at all times. Just be mindful in other words.

"Self-slaughter is an extravagant enactment of feeling sorry for oneself. Suicide is stingy act, because no matter how wretched our life may currently be, a person can always rise tomorrow and perform some small act of kindness for other people, care for a pet, or perform some other caring act that works towards preserving nature’s graciousness. To die of their own hand is to cheat other people and shortchange Mother Nature; it is taking without giving back in kind. What combats suicide is a sense of gratitude, a willingness to give to other people, and to cease living life as a taker. Without a profound appreciation for all that is living and devoid of a sincere willingness to contribute to the flourishing of all life forms, one can callously write off the value of their own life.”
    ― Kilroy J. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls

3. plant goodness

Let's try to set a guideline of 1 or 2 posts per day per user so one allows everyone who wants to participate breathing room in between quotes or if you want to share as many as you feel necessary as they may provide someone with something of dire importance go for it it isn't a rule. As many quotes per post as ye please.

“Living is a process of developing oneself. Without experiencing pain from disconcerting periods of our lives, we would be different person, perhaps a lesser person.”
    ― Kilroy J. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls

Oh and I call dibs on Dead Toad quotes in this thread SORRY!

1d0a03763113d5d8e0bce43a2c072c8e--bedroom-ideas-kids-bedroom.jpg

WuTangFinancial likes this.
  4. plant goodness

"Self-transformation commences with a period of self-questioning. Questions lead to more questions, bewilderment leads to new discoveries, and growing personal awareness leads to transformation in how a person lives. Purposeful modification of the self only commences with revising our mind’s internal functions. Revamped internal functions eventually alter how we view our external environment.”
    ― Kilroy J. Oldster

5. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.”

- Viktor Frankl, in "Man's Search for Meaning"

6. Our greatest glory is not in falling but in rising everytime we fall

Doffy, Buddhabro and plant goodness like this.
  7. "Strange and difficult indeed we may find it, But the blessing that we need is behind it."

8. "Because I have known despair, I value hope. Because I have tasted frustration, I value fulfillment. Because I have been lonely, I value love." --Leonard Nimoy

9. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

10. jest

jest Fapstronaut

Bla bla yadda yadda "Be water, my friend."
    -Bruce Lee

The rest is important but you get the picture.

It's probably my favourite quote of all time.

11. plant goodness

"Life presents innumerable possibilities for love, friendship, compassion, and self-fulfillment, but we must be willing to give in order to receive. Persistence, sacrifice, a quest for knowledge, along with acquaintance with our true self is essential in order to achieve our dreams. Panic, fear, worry, doubt, anger, and a negative attitude are the biggest impediments to self-realization. The most important battle we undertake in life is not with other people; rather it takes place in the human mind.”
    ― Kilroy

jest likes this.
  12. plant goodness

Kilroy had it figured out. Well maybe not as much as some people I know but his words are what I will sharing for a long time.

So if you keep seeing quotes by a feller named Kilroy, well just know it's Mr. Oldster himself.

Look these quotes are gonna get balls deep. Don't think too hard over any of Kilroy's words if they rattle you the core. Some of them I've been hesitating on sharing. Like fertilizer for the mind infused with reality revealing serum.

If your ego runs your life in a certain way, well just know Kilroy understands all.

anonymous-1416722_960_720.jpg

13. plant goodness

Triple post sorry. No more mercy. Self improvement can seem light and fun but when you go deeper, it's more of a process that requires a deep willingness to face your faults and begin to truly make changes that are not fun to make.

That being said it's not all reality balls thrown at your ego, no much of it is light and makes your heart feel warm and fuzzy,

"Personal tranquility consists in the orderly structuring of the mind, which occurs whenever a person engages in the exquisite practice of contemplating personal experiences, harmonizing time spent with other people, reading great books, and working on self-improvement.”
    ― Kilroy

jest likes this.
  14. plant goodness

This quote deserves a video. It deserves a picture too.

Oh ya feel free to share picture quotes. Pictures make words speak louder?

SilentJay313 and jest like this.
  15. jest

jest Fapstronaut

This was cool as heck.

plant goodness likes this.
  16. plant goodness

:emoji_pray:

Ok this quote deserves a thread recommendation and video.

The Way of Harmony

It seems not all Aikido practitioners are harmonious? Well everyone can be our teacher including Seagall :emoji_dove:

[​IMG]

New guideline, you can post as much as you want if it involves discussion of the quotes.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  17. plant goodness

:emoji_comet::emoji_sparkles:

Ok I had a need to post this much now I am done for today.

18. plant goodness

All quotes from me are by Kilroy until you see a different name.

"We must account for the life that we lived. A person inevitably will ask himself or herself on their deathbed, ‘what was the aim of my life,’ ‘what did I accomplish,’ ‘what did I not accomplish,’ ‘what would I alter if I could live my life all over again’? What we discover on our deathbeds is that material luxuries afford no solace. We cannot purchase, possess, or legally acquire what is pure: love, beauty, truth, goodness, and imagination.”

Ashes-in-Man.jpeg

The_Motorcyclist likes this.
  19. plant goodness

“No person can escape the germs of their eventual deterioration and destruction. A round-table of physical breakdown and death awaits the rich person and the poor person, as well as the common people and world leaders. The skulls of noble men and savages alike litter the streets of ancient cities. Modern humans live longer than the ancient people did, but eventually we all succumb to the same wretched infirmities.”

"The inartistic methods that we use to blunt anxiety and unartful expedients that we resort to in order to escape pain and numb banality reveals what we dread most, the act of suffering from a mortal loss or the debasement that we earn by wallowing in our decadent acts of escapism.”

"Every person fails, nobody achieves everything that he or she set out to achieve. Nobody, regardless of how many personal triumphs they enjoy, no matter how rich or powerful they become, goes through life without encountering failure. You cannot fail unless a person valiantly tries to accomplish a task. The most audacious person readily attempts difficult projects, despite feeling uncertain if they can prevail. Successful people exhibit the character to respond positively to failure. Some failures prove instrumental in altering a person’s outlook, and their revised perspective leads to brilliant successes.”

"The most important thing in life is to be true to ourselves, to never give up attempting to become the very finest version of what we wish to be, no matter how arduous that proves to be.”

"In our formative years, every person begins creating a self that can keep him or her company through later stages in life. It requires concentrated effort to create self-hood. The task of creating a fully developed human being is an ongoing process, an open-ended assignment. The goal of self-hood is to evade slipping into a state of thoughtlessness, where we fail to take ownership of our thoughts, deeds, and lifestyle.”

The_Motorcyclist likes this.
  20. plant goodness

“The impeccable watchmaker geared the noble self to suffer. The ineluctable part of being human is perpetual sorrow, grief, and misery. Suffering is part of living. Life begins joyously and regretfully ends in tragedy. The cold realities of the world triumphantly crush each one of us. Between birth and death is comedic conjugation, the haunting prelude to the end of the self."
    :emoji_performing_arts: