1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Readings/Future Readings

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. What are books are you reading? What books are you planning to read in the future?

Feel free to update when it changes.

2. Currently I'm read a variety of books on a variety of issues.
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
    David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
    Searching for Sunday by Rachel Held Evans
    My Fight/Your Fight by Ronda Rousey
    On the Front Line by Maire Calvin

On my to read list:
    Zealot by Reza Asian
    Did Jesus Exist? by Bart Ehman
    Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes by Kenneth Bailey
    The Resurrection of Jesus by Michael Licona
    Scripture and the Authority of God by Tom Wright
    How God Became King by NT Wright
    Is God a Moral Monster? by Paul Copan
    The Young Atheist Handbook by Alom Shaha

Also looking for a novel not writen in the point of view style. Maybe Eve: The Awakening by Jenna Moreci - I usually go for books that are written in a series form but I like Jenna's YouTube videos so I might make an exception for Eve.
    Gotta also start to read some books by Brené Brown and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

3. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

You might as well just throw that Rousey book in the garbage... just kidding.

That is a lot of books...very nice! I am currently reading The Cooper Affair by Jack Patterson (fiction, conspiracies, police drama). It is book #3 in a 4-book series by Jack.

Up next on the reading list: book #4!

I was also reading a (very judgmental) biography on Bill Clinton but - gasp! - my mother accidentally donated it to a thrift store. Thank God! Good riddance. :rolleyes:

4. War and Peace, Tolstoy. Re-reading, actually.

5. DiogoFSantos

DiogoFSantos Fapstronaut

6. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

Wow you can read a lot of books at once! I love this topic, I hope you and others continue to update this! As for me I am reading The Now Habit by Neil Fiore. I have a terrible procrastination habit and I'm looking for some help. I'm only a couple of chapters in so far, but it seems good!

7. A few. I'll just name what I think is the most interesting.

Beyond: Our Future In Space by Chris Impey.

8. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
    Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

9. SkinnyBeard

SkinnyBeard Fapstronaut

Literally 10 pages left before I finish a series of Edgar Poe's stories. Which, aside from the "Gold-Bug" and the two stories with Dupin did not really catch me. In this aspect I prefer longer works where there is more room for both character and plot development.

I'm stuck between Jack London and Somerset Maugham for my next piece. I really liked "Martin Eden", so I want to go with London next, but "Of Human Bondage" is by many considered a great piece.

Oh, decisions, decisions :p

10. Scfi and space operas like
    The dune series by frank herbert and then by his son.
    A space odyssey 2001 and rendezvous with rama or just anything by arthur c clarke
    Night angle trilogy and light bring series by brent weeks
    The demon cycle (series of novels) by peter v brett.
    The crystal singer by Anne McCaffrey
    I would like to start the saga of seven suns next by kevin j anderson.

Strength And Light likes this.
  11. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

wow big series. I always wated to read it but always scared of the length :D

I'm re-reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. Maybe it reflects myself, dark themes, depressing, death, quiet, solitary :p

Strength And Light likes this.
  12. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

13. Just started "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway

14. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

The Road is a great one!

15. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

I'm currently reading A Confederacy Of Dunces. It's actually really pretty funny, but somehow it's not quite doing it for me. I appreciate it and understand it's acclaim, it's just not hitting the right notes for me.

Not sure what's next.

16. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Currently reading the 7 habits of highly effective people by stephen covey.

When i finish i have in mind reading think and grow rich.

17. I just signed up at www.goodreads.com and discovered they have a 'set a reading goal how many books will you read in 2017 challenge' going on. I never knew that's a freaking book community there I just used it for quotes.

My brain is still fried I'll update yall with my reading selections once it has mended itself to a reasonable extent.

Set a goal of 12 books, about one a month due to the trauma I am in.

18. I almost watched it a few weeks ago. Probably should read it first but that's not going to happen. You must have really liked it then to read it twice?

19. Currently reading "A Stray Cat Struts: My Life as a Rockabilly Rebel" by Slim Jim Phantom

So far it's so well written and entertaining, I've never heard of the band called Stray Cats and this autobiography make me want to listen to them. I'm personally surprised by the drummer's writing in this novel. It's quite an easy reading. ;)