Constant 'Blue Petal' over ovulation is driving me nuts!!!

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by SpiritAnimal, Oct 6, 2018.

1. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

Hi ya'll!

For about 10 days every month over ovulation, I have real unbearable groin discomfort. It's coming from my pelvic floor. It feels like it's all pent-up and holding sexual energy, ready to release with an orgasm at any moment. Sometimes I get an odd orgasmic contraction with it. It feels as if I've M'd myself up to the point of no return and just stopped and left it there, but it does. not. go. away.

If I do orgasm, it goes away briefly but then comes right back ten minutes later. I once gave myself 3 orgasms in a row in an attempt to get rid of it, which it did, but then it came back again full force half hour later.

This is not a physical problem as it only happens when I'm fertile. So it's a hormonal issue. But quite honestly, feeling like I'm about to cum in my knickers constantly for ten days each month is borderline driving me insane.

I understand that my body is trying to convince me to be constantly having sex when I'm fertile, but surely this is a bit overkill..

Every ovulation I end up relapsing because its totally unbearable and I just want some relief from it for a bit. I'm determined that I'm not gonna replapse this month.

Is there anything I can do to relieve it? Sex makes it worse as I can't O from PIV at the moment. I've quit oral for desensitisation reasons (I want to get my PIV O's back). I try to ignore it, I try to distract myself, I try to accept it and live with it but despite my best efforts it's really starting to get to me. And the more it gets to me the more intense it gets. I am 23 days without O and I reallllly want this feeling to go away!!

Scott93 and Ginny Weasley like this.
  2. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

(TRIGGER ALERT)
    I really can't speak for blue petals and I do believe you are right regarding hormonal issues. I've known women who are naturally aroused during ovulation. They are wetter than normal. As I guy I wake up with morning wood, which is a pain. Once I get up and get going things get better. I asked a friend who was my AP one time what to do when I woke up with a raging erect1on... his advise "get up and make the coffee." Sounds stupid, but that's what I do.

Please hang in there... you really don't want to reset after 24 days. To much work there to waste. Plus as you said Even if you O, it will be right back in 10 minutes. I'm sorry for the urges - but your choices are pretty simple, cave in or accept that something things are tough. "When you're going through hell... keep going" Churchill.

Blessings... it's ok to be horny, stay busy, do things you like to do and keep your hands above the beltline. I've ready that luke warm / cold showers help too. And one last though... Keep away from your M rituals... those things that set the stage for a failure. If you always M at certain times or locations, break up the actions.

Cheers,
    HF

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  3. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

Thank you :) I just don't feel like it's 'normal'. And I'm fed up of replasing every ovulation, not because I want to O, but because I start finding that feeling completely intollerable after a few days of it. Will try & push through!!

4. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

You and I have talked plenty of times here before. I can't speak for the female anatomy, but I do like a challenge to try and find a solution to a problem. NOTE: I did work in the hospital for many years ago including Labor & Delivery, so I'm not totally ignorant of the female anatomy. I've got a couple of questions for you. Do you have children? If so, did you have vaginal deliveries or cesarean section? And last, any urinary incontinence? Bonus question: Any signs of bladder detachment/prolapse?

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  5. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

Hey!

1 child 7 years ago
    Vaginal delivery no issues
    Zero incontinence or prolapse
    Nice strong pelvic floor

I've had this discomfort since forever though pre-baby. Only difference is I used to MO through it before, now I'm not it's killer

6. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

SA.... LOL - normal is a setting on dryer and very little else.

We are all wound together differently. Some people have no sex drive whatsoever. Others walk around ready at the drop of a hat. You are who you are and should celebrate it... MHO. Are their parts of you that are challenging? yep? me too! (*hint - there's always plenty of room to grow).

Cheers,
    HF

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    SpiritAnimal likes this.
  7. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

I stumbled across this...haven't read the contents...but looks like it may be of interest...
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/pain-have-gasm/

Also...
    from https://www.medicaldaily.com/sex-yourself-better-health-4-aches-and-pains-orgasms-can-cure-307834
    Sex Yourself To Better Health: 4 Aches And Pains Orgasms Can Cure

4. PMS Cramps
    Cramps can be one of the most temporary debilitating symptoms women experience every month. Before an orgasm, a woman’s uterus is more relaxed, but at the moment of climax, the blood flow increases, helping to relieve the cramps. The uterine muscles contract during an orgasm while releasing chemicals in the brain that act as a natural pain reliever. Judith Golden, a registered sex therapist in Toronto, told Best Health magazine, “The strength and intensity of an orgasm can relieve cramps.” Women who masturbate often report it helps relieve menstrual cramps and even improve the symptoms of PMS, such as irritability and crankiness.

I think I have your answer as to why the pain subsides with an orgasm. What I don't know is why the pain is there to begin with. The reason it subsides is the release of oxytocin. Oxytocin acts as a natural tranquilzier, lowering blood pressure, suppressing sensitivity to pain and stress, and inducing sleep.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    SpiritAnimal likes this.
  8. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Sounds weird, but I often have the same problem... :confused:

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  9. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

You might be right, I feel though the reason for the discomfort is my ovulation hormones (particularly elevated testosterone) making my pelvic floor irritable and tight, and when I orgasm it releases temporarily but then the elevated T in my system just makes it tense back up again. I think it's all to do with my andogen receptors being over-active and I think it's something I will just need to learn to live with (unfortunately!)

10. Aspire32

Aspire32 Fapstronaut

Hi SpiritAnimal
    Does it make any difference if your orgasm is clitoral or vaginal? In terms of symptom relief.
    Do you also get wetter than normal when you're ovulating?

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  11. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

Also consider this: You do realize that the end game for masturbation is cortisol, right? Think about that for a moment! You may be inadvertently contributing to the problem by doing so.

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  12. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

I do get much wetter over ovulation, the milky female ejaculate from my bartholin glands (separate the regular slippery clear arousal fluid from the skene glands) also runs down my legs at random points during the day when im ovulating. Do you think my bartholin glands could be getting full to bursting maybe and causing discomfort? They seem to 'spill over' even when I'm not aroused.. but this has always happened even when I used to MO a lot. Gspot stim by piv lets it run out of me but im not having sex at the moment because my skene glands arent responding well due to flatline - so im not getting slippery enough for piv right now. The ejaculate is more watery not slippery enough for piv by itself. Sometimes having gspot or full body orgasms during sex (the non-contracting type of orgasms) does seem to give me some relief. But equally sometimes sex makes me want a clitoral O even more. So it's hard to say!

I'm hoping that when I eventually am able to have clitoral O's from PIV again like I used to, it might resolve itself a bit

13. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

Does cortisol increase T? Ive noticed if I have hard workouts it seems to boost my cortisol which in turn makes me feel more testosteroney. Which makes me feel untouchable but also flares all my sex addiction type symptoms

14. Aspire32

Aspire32 Fapstronaut

Yes that's why I asked. Maybe it's the secretion from the bartholin glands backing up. But that's probably not it in your case as you used to get wet even when you MO.
    If you stimulate your clitoris without O, does it make any difference?
    Or even when you press your clit without moving ur hand.

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  15. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

When i MO clitorally i only get slippery wet from skene glands. My ejaculate doesnt seem to come out of me unless I have gspot stimulation during sex (or when it randomly 'overflows' when im walking around)

No kind of clit stim shifts the ejaculate, nor does clitoral orgasm.

Back in the days before i ever MO'd, i used to clitoral orgasm from gspot stim (sex). Do you think MOing and getting conditioned to orgasm only from clit stim has confused my body, and the ejaculate isnt getting properly released because I'm not having clitoral contracting O's during sex now?

I have a feeling that if i can get back to being able to clitorally O from gspot stim/sex like I used to, the ejaculate will 'spurt' out in full instead of dribbling out partially and I might finally get some relief!

16. Aspire32

Aspire32 Fapstronaut

That maybe the case..
    Im wondering..how long has it been since ur last orgasm? And what kind was it?
    Also, are you able to reach orgasm by "finger penetration"?
    You know how to make yourself squirt or come close to it?

17. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

24 days since last O. I can make myself O using a dildo vaginally, but still need to have some form of non-direct clit stim going on.. my wrist brushing past it etc.

I used to O piv with zero clit contact (although back then i was in late teens and never seemed to have any ejaculate, just slippery arousal fluid)

I only started getting ejaculate a few months after coming off the pill last year. But I've lost the ability to O PIV now coz I spent 10 years only Oing clitorally.

This is why im abstaining from orgasm now unti my piv O's come back. And when they do I think (hope!!!) I'm gonna finally get that ejaculate squirting out.

God I think I've figured it out!! I think possibly I'm a repressed squirter.. haha. Thank you so much!!

18. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

Is there any way to make myself squirt without involving my clit? I have to not touch my clit at all to get my piv O's back.. and really i dont want to be masturbating at all right now.

I guess just grin & bear it and wait til my full fuctionality comes back?

It is sooo unbearable feeling like this

19. Aspire32

Aspire32 Fapstronaut

Are you ovulating now?
    Also i sent you a PM. You might wanna check it out.

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  20. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

"...testosteroney..."? LOL, is that even a word? High levels of cortisol suppress testosterone.