Cold Showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MKMMJAG, Aug 24, 2014.

1. MKMMJAG

MKMMJAG Fapstronaut

For those of you who take cold showers approximately how cold are they? I know its hard to give an exact temperature but do you turn it on the coldest setting? Sometimes in the morning there is not motivation to take cold showers so I just take lukewarm showers and I feel like I am cheating myself. Let me know.

Thanks, MKMMJAG

2. nonanino

nonanino Fapstronaut

Haha welcome to the cold shower club bro :) Where men shriek and shrink. No but seriously the list of benefits goes on and on and it's one of the best things you can do for yourself, according to science, the experience of many others, and my own experience as well.

You'll notice changes if you take your cold showering serious. There's the "noooo I don't wanna go" thoughts before you go in, right? I still have them (even after a few months), but what's changed majorly is that I now also remember that, once I'm in, I actually enjoy them. This is a big whoop for motivating myself to go in.

Now when I'm a few seconds in, my body starts to glow (figuratively) and it feels really great.

-- edit

Oh yeah crap, I forgot to answer your question. I set them to coldest wherever I shower. Very rarely do I mix in heat, it feels sorta like cheating, but mostly I don't really enjoy them anymore and feel drained afterwards, whereas the cold makes me feel more relaxed and energetic.

3. MKMMJAG

MKMMJAG Fapstronaut

Thanks for replying! Yeah It takes a lot of will power for me to go into a cold shower but hopefully I can learn to force myself because I know there is tons of benefits and it feels great. I just have one more question how long do you take it for?

4. nonanino

nonanino Fapstronaut

Amazing resource, I highly recommend this: http://impossiblehq.com/cold-shower-therapy-guide

Nowadays I shower until I feel clean. Usually a couple of minutes.

Now that I'm thinking about it though... would be good to start taking it more seriously again and recommit to 5 minutes every morning, no-matter-what. There has been some sloppiness.