1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers for 3 months results

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SwedishViking, May 31, 2017.

1. You only get a cold if you already have the virus in your body. Cold showers actually strenghtens your immune system so you won't get a cold that easily.

2. Oscarito

Oscarito Fapstronaut

I've been doing cold showers for a few weeks now. It's not so bad in fact I've often asked myself if the water is getting warmer each time. Also for some reason, after about a minute into it, the cold shower seems to induce a fit of laughter. It never fails to boost my mood. Maybe the endorphins?

3. Vilcox

Vilcox Fapstronaut

In that case, I always have viruses in my body.

4. How much time do you guys spend doing cold showers? It's only the initial part that's tough and then it's easy to last long.

5. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

This actually has alot of sense. Higher temperatures means faster chemical reactions, meaning that cold showers may decrease the effectiveness of showering gels doing their thing and making the rest of the filth less solvable in water, leaving you dirtier after shower. This might not make much of a difference, but it is definitely an issue i noticed too.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Nightpaw

Nightpaw Fapstronaut

I have always been tempted to try taking cold showers, but it gets down to 5 degrees here. I always start my day with a nice hot shower, like those cold blooded lizards that need the sun to warm up their bodies. When would be the best time to take a cold shower?

7. I'm fat that's not punishment to me

8. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I've been taking cold showers, but now I'm wondering: When is the best time to take one? I typically shower at night, as I like to go to bed clean. Now I'm thinking it might be best to start the day with a cold shower, or maybe start the day with some push ups and then take a cold shower. I guess I could do both now, as I'm saving money by not using hot water. Thoughts?

9. I've been taking cold showers for a few months now, it was hard at first because I have asthma, it made it difficult to breathe, though I learned to control my breathing and now I'm getting used to it, it also helps you stay cooler on hot days! I started doing it cause I heard people talk about the benefits, one being fat loss (I'm around 400 pounds, I need to lose it!)

I also heard it helps with energy, I've also been doing cold shaving, I heard its superior to hot shaving because hot shaving, they say it opens the pores and softens the hairs to make it "Easier for the blade to cut through" though I heard cold shaving is better, cause the hairs being softer also make them FLATTEN to your face, while cold hairs are going to be tougher but they stand up more for your blade to cut, and I heard your pores being open also cause more irritation.

Anyways, cold showers are starting to feel good to me, I can't tell if its helped or not though, but I haven't had a hot shower in months.