1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold approach/daygame challenge

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by AriAmaa, Apr 3, 2017.

1. AriAmaa

AriAmaa Fapstronaut

Hi guys

I thought of posting a thread here which will motivate me and others to cold approach girls. I will approach at least two girls and I will report here daily. By writing this thread, I felt I have a binding to my word and I must be a man of my word so effectively I have to approach girls. I have been doing cold approach for about two years but it is a journey of ups and downs. There is one particular challenge I wanted to do, that is to approach a girl in public transport since I'm familiar with street game and I have pounding anixety in that specific environment.

Also, please post your challenge here and we can motivate and advise each other!

Sancho and vibemaker like this.
  2. AriAmaa

AriAmaa Fapstronaut

04/04/2017

Today I approached three girls after work. All approaches were in the streets and to be honest, I was dreading to do it in the bus which I regularly take everyday to work and back home. I guess the more I do this, I will gain social momentum and thus I will be less inhibited to approach girls in bus.

The first approach was a bit flunky because I initially thought she was attractive but turned out she wasn't. I blurted out a random line from my thoughts which is to do with hungry rottweilers dogs on the loose and they are after me. LOL

The second approach was a Spanish artistic fashionista looking girl and she was carry large pieces of cardboard. I opened her by direct opener "Hey this may sound a bit random but I just saw you walking past me and I thought you look cute with this quirky specs of yours and your colourful and vivid attire". The conversation was a bit short and she doesn't seem interested so I let her go.

The third approach was an awkward one. She didn't seem comfortable and I called it out to show my observational powers and empathic thinking. I was re-using the rottweiler line from first approach and making a connection to her but the delivery was poor.

I think the conversations were a bit rushed and I need to work on calming down, going with the flow nice and slow and focusing on my vocal tonality and speed.

Sancho and vibemaker like this.
  3. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Don't know if this was the case, but i heard it's not good to approach from behind.

Anyway, interesting thread. Respect.

Stay free!

4. Proceed

Proceed Fapstronaut

What exactly does your hungry rottweiler opener go? Sounds interesting. I want to try this challenge

vibemaker likes this.
  5. Sancho

Sancho New Fapstronaut

That's a very good idea, I'll try to give it a go too and report here. I value more observation followed by improvisation rather than coming with a premade pickup line. It isnt about successful conversations but about breaking the ice, the more you go out of your comfort zone the larger it becomes and the more confident you are. an intersting fact is I usually get a better response by saying "strange/surprising/sexy" things as an ice breaker, the more you are different from what they are used to, teh better it is and the better you destabilize their defenses...
    Stay strong

6. fapnaut95

fapnaut95 Fapstronaut

Hey , I am no expert here on meeting girls.
    Nonetheless I'm a bit against this cold-aproaches on girls.
    I think it shows vulnerability and low self-esteem, and most girls will find it awkward and strange. Because you're basicly implying you are initially interested on her because of her looks and her looks alone.
    I think common ground is a must. Unless you have glanced at each other and find a mutual interest immediately.
    Engaging a beautifull girl which is not even looking at you it's objectying women for sex.
    It's like picking a product because it's beautifull and wait for a response (from her) if you can pick it from the shell or not (meaning = if she's interested in you)
    . I think common ground is the key to be sucessfull at these engages to meet new girls.
    Unless you are engaging a hooker. There you can just walk up to her and say "i wanna meet you, lets go behind that building". :)

7. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @fapnaut95 I don't think it shows low self-esteem at all. It actually shows confidence, when you do it right.
    And... yes you make yourself vulnerable with this. But this a good thing. Showing your vulnerability shows your not feared of rejection.

8. fapnaut95

fapnaut95 Fapstronaut

Yea I understand , it does look confident most of the time. But if a girl comes "cold"-talking to you, acting confident ( in reverse scenario) then It may seem strange and awkward because you don't know her intentions, simply because it's not everyday a stranger comes talk to you, and when they do they have something they want. I think same applies for guys.
    Anyway this is probably the only scenario possible to meet new people , so I don't relly have much input on this matter ahah :)

vibemaker likes this.
  9. AriAmaa

AriAmaa Fapstronaut

Hey guys sorry for the delay, it is interesting to see this thread growing minute by minute.

Yesterday, I didn't approach any girls as there were literally no girls on the bus and I had to go home earlier to prepare for work the day after.

But something amazing happened today, I was walking on way to home and I walked past this particular girl. I was hesitating to approach her because I wasn't sure if I found her sexually attractive. I decided to approach her and she turned out to have an amazing personality and a unique worldview. I opened her by saying I liked her smile and came over to say hi. She instantly brightened up and the conversation was a bit rusty from my side because I wasn't following this daygame structure I have laid out from the past. However, we had a deep conversation and we talked about matrix, computer stimulation, spirituality, chakras, aura, energy levels, enlightenment, purpose in life, materialism and so on. She invested in a lot of the conversation because she was happy with the fact I approached her and she said she kind of wanted me to approach her when I walked past her. She can feel a bit of my radiating aura (energy levels preserved and increasing due to refraining from spewing your special juice ;) another reason not to fap).

We walked together for a while and we exchanged numbers. After this, I felt so insipired that my fears of approaching women withered to atomic size (just a matter of state but this is a useful positive experience to motivate me to approach women).

Guys, this is a crucial important lesson to learn and I want to share with you: Approach her, don't hesitate because you never know what she is like as a person. Approach her because she wants to be approached , give that masculine energy of purpose and vision of yours and she will value it :)

vibemaker likes this.
  10. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Wow, that's amazing to hear. I'm happy for you :)