1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Room Addiction

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Hey guys. So for a variety of reasons, I do not use social networks and things like that. Chat rooms are my procrastination tool. I have very rarely used them for what some other people do, as sexual outlets. And since I started NoFap I don't allow myself to be convinced to do that at all, it was never a big interest anyway.

However, I spend way too much time in chat rooms talking to strangers. It started out healthy somewhat I think, practicing various communication skills I think I lost during the PMO days and also because of the abuse I went through back in the day.

Now though, I'm really starting to see it as an addiction I need to get over. I'm posting this in the loneliness section because I do not think I would ever enter a chat room if I were totally satisfied with my outside world social life and communication abilities. I'm doing very well with NoFap and when I do interact with others, particularly women, I'm noticing positive changes as I've detailed in many other posts. But for some reason I still really like going to chat rooms and being the person I am in those.

Thoughts? Similar experiences?

weirwolf and HopeFaith like this.
  2. Just general ones. No cam or anything. Some have themes... "singles" chat, "adult" chat, whatever. But I don't seek sexual things in them. I often practice what I think were my old ways of interacting with people. I feel more like the pre-PMO and pre-PTSD self that I remember being.