1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic / Orthodox Fapstronauts

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Dallas22

Dallas22 Fapstronaut

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.”
    Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

I have placed my heart in so many other things... Money, relationships, sex, alcohol, work.....bla bla bla. My heart belongs to it's Creator.

I will be sober today.

2. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Great job @Dallas22 . And Augustine's quote really does sum up the heart of what we are doing in this group: it's not just about quitting an addiction, but finding eternal rest from our stresses and our sins.

Prayed the Wednesday rosary with a group after Mass today, and we threw in a Divine Mercy chaplet for Fapstronauts as well. Stay strong everyone.

Sursum Corda and Dallas22 like this.
  3. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

For anyone who has not checked out Covenant Eyes yet, here are some free resources from them. They'll send you some ads every once in a while, but they won't send too many. There is some great stuff here!

http://www.covenanteyes.com/e-books/

canadianspartan likes this.
  4. M L

M L Guest

Just me again - I've prayed my Thursday Rosary for us all. Everyone on nofap, actually - why stop with this group?

Dallas22 and peregrinnus like this.
  5. Fallior

Fallior Fapstronaut

Not to be off topic, but praying to mary or angels like catholics do is a sin too.

6. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Thurdsay Rosary's done. It's incredible how every single day I get something out of it. Unreal. Again, lifted up everyone here, and everyone who is struggling to overcome any sort of addiction.

headedup likes this.
  7. Dallas22

Dallas22 Fapstronaut

Thank you M L

8. Dallas22

Dallas22 Fapstronaut

Peregrinnus.... Thanks so much for praying the Rosary... I use to pray it in college but got out of the routine. Your daily post regarding the prayer are humbling. Thanks again.

9. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Hey @Dallas22,

You're most welcome! Do join in if you can find the time to do so as well. There's so much to be gained from it :)

Side note I'm currently on Day 9 as well :)

10. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Congrats on Day 9!

11. Fallior

Fallior Fapstronaut

It would not, but that is not what catholics do, at least not the higher ups, and if the church is corrupt, the religion itself would be corrupt since you base it on the church. There is even a specific prayer to one of the angels that has the words "I worship you" to a saint, despite Jesus saying to worship God and God alone.

12. M L

M L Guest

I've prayed my Friday Rosary for us - it was harder tonight as I am tired.. but I'm happy to do my small part. God Bless you all x

13. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Love that link, Sursum Corda!

Friday Rosary is done. Just after these 5 days, I feel like I have so much more to grow spiritually, and that I have been given the direction in which to grow, through all the questions about myself that have surfaced through these meditations.

Lifted up all of us here and all those struggling with addictions of any kind.

M L, Dallas22 and Sursum Corda like this.
  14. Ambrose

Ambrose Fapstronaut

Fallior- this is not the place for this sort of discussion, ... asking other people to pray for you is not a sin, including those who are part of the Church triumphant. If any Catholic or Orthodox Christian gives to an Angel or Saint the worship due to God they are sinning and also at odds with the teaching of their own church. However anti-Catholic Protestants are usually not willing to accept that fact regardless of evidence to the contrary. Again the NoFap forum is not the appropriate place to discuss this, so drop it. This area of NoFap is for those who are Catholic or Orthodox nofappers to give each other support.

If you are in fact open minded, fair and want to discuss this send me a private message.
    If you are a crank, please don't.

15. M L

M L Guest

I've prayed our Saturday Rosary - sorry I am such a baby that I need to report in every day, but it's helping to motivate me. And knowing you guys are praying too gives me a kick in the pants:)

Dallas22, headedup and peregrinnus like this.
  16. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Saturday Rosary's done :)

@M L I really appreciate you being accountable in this thread.. It makes me accountable and motivates me to do the same as well :) So thank you for being a source of inspiration to me.

Dallas22, M L and headedup like this.
  17. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Yup, thanks for your updates ML!

18. M L

M L Guest

It's Sunday, and yes, I've prayed the Rosary for us all:) I beg your prayers this week, brothers - I have an exam for uni and I've really found it hard to balance family and study this semester. Thanks in advance, and God Bless x

Dallas22 likes this.
  19. Dallas22

Dallas22 Fapstronaut

I'm shaky today!!! I could use some prayers!

By the grace of God I will stay PMO free today.

headedup likes this.
  20. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Sunday Rosary done! A full week! Never done it before in all my 26 years. Feeling so accomplished, and so blessed as well for all the gifts that I've received through this week of prayer.

M L and Dallas, I lifted both of you up in prayer. May the Lord grant you both the strength to overcome the hurdles that are in your life right now :)

I shall commit to a second week of Rosary prayer, from tomorrow onwards. Feel free to join in, anyone :)