1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic / Orthodox Fapstronauts

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. wrestle_the_mind

wrestle_the_mind Fapstronaut

@Dallas22
    Great thoughts. I always find that the second I think I got this and I can do it on my own is when I fall. Thanks for the advice

wrestle_the_mind

2. wrestle_the_mind

wrestle_the_mind Fapstronaut

@Podraig
    Don't lose heart about the relapse. Confess and God will forgive. Do your best to be rid of this thing. I know you can get your goal of 14 days. Take care.

wrestle_the_mind

Podraig likes this.
  3. Hey mate, just quickly. You don't need to tag people when you quote someone. They get the notification when they're quoted :)

4. Dallas22

Dallas22 Fapstronaut

Thank you all for helping me be free today.

"We are not human beings learning to become spiritual, we are spiritual beings learning to become human."

headedup, wrestle_the_mind and M L like this.
  5. M L

M L Guest

I will do a Rosary Novena with you starting Sunday:) it really is the best tool we have. Truly, how can one meditate on the lives of Our Lord and Our Lady and then go to PMO?

Sorry I've not written here for a while. Welcome to all of you new guys:) I find this thread evidence that Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness cannot overcome it.

Podraig likes this.
  6. M L

M L Guest

I've said my Sunday Rosary - I'm going to be accountable here. I held you all up in prayer - God Bless x

Dallas22 and headedup like this.
  7. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Welcome @thebishone . I'll send you some links in a PM. Also, check out this whole thread. There are some really good spiritual and psychological resources in it with info on how to quit and reach chastity.

8. Podraig

Podraig Fapstronaut

A friendly reminder: you are awesome.

9. M L

M L Guest

Monday Rosary done - I am putting it forward to the kids bedtime rather than my own and it is helping me get it done (rather than fall asleep). Also, they are joining in which encourages me.

funkycedars and Dallas22 like this.
  10. Dallas22

Dallas22 Fapstronaut

I'm glad you are all here today... Today is a good day to get clean and be clean.
    I will stay clean today.

11. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

Just chipping in here. I guess this is the second serious stint at trying to quit PMO (tried for a few months last year but gave up - now back for another shot). I'm 26, male, Catholic, from Singapore (not a place in China, cuz everyone seems to think it is).

I'm journaling on this site as well (a little hard to put up the link since I'm posting on my phone now) so drop by if you guys wanna check it out.

I coincidentally started a week of Rosary last night (Monday). So I'll be joining that as well :)

12. Podraig

Podraig Fapstronaut

@peregrinnus Welcome back and thanks for joining us in the Rosary.

13. M L

M L Guest

Tuesday Rosary done. I'm starting to look forward to saying it:)

14. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Tuedsay Rosary done as well. Truly, purposeful meditation on the mysteries of the Rosary can be something very powerful. That short 20 minutes of prayer really stirred up quite a bit inside of me. Lifted up everyone strugging with this addiction in my prayer today.

M L and Sursum Corda like this.
  15. Started Latin Rosary on the way to work but got side tracked with Catholic radio. Will resume on the way home. I was however able to pray the office of readings during a break at work. Needed that.

16. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Welcome @peregrinnus ! Failure is normal, vitually all of us have been there. But for you to come back says a lot. I will pray for your success; stay strong!

funkycedars and peregrinnus like this.
  17. Podraig

Podraig Fapstronaut

Tuesday's Rosary has been said. Thanks for the prayers and support, guys.

M L and peregrinnus like this.
  18. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Thanks @headedup :) You (and everyone else here) are likewise in my prayers.

Sursum Corda and headedup like this.
  19. M L

M L Guest

Wednesday Rosary done:) I really am feeling a lot of graces through this prayer..

headedup and peregrinnus like this.
  20. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Wednesday Rosary done as well. @M L I totally get what you mean. The Glorious Mysteries were just what I needed after a day in which I felt so overwhelmed and depressed.

M L likes this.