1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic / Orthodox Fapstronauts

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

Don't be ashamed brother, I told my family too 5 years ago. No one understood it, and I was judged. I hope ur family sees it differently than mine. I commend you for that. That is a bold move. Well done brother. You can beat this, we all can. Don't get discouraged. God is Merciful and forgiving. Just keep trying and make a plan for yourself. Mine is going to be posted soon. Stay engaged here brother. Prayers to you now....keeep posting here I would like to know how ur doing,

Brothet Leo

headedup likes this.
  2. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

Thanks alot headedup, u have a good spreadsheet there. Mine is coming soon brother. Thanks again! Leo

3. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  4. Try making yourself a PMO counter, it keeps you thinking about the shame of having to restart it every time. That's what I do.

Just click on mine in my signature or one of @headedup 's counters and go from there :)

5. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

I prayed for you all in Mass and during a Rosary today; keep up your hard work and keep looking for that inner peace until you find it in God.

6. Moxie

Moxie Fapstronaut

I appreciate you all very much that you are here because you want to strengthen your faith, and connection with God. I pray He will be with us every moment, especially when we are in danger of relapse. He will always give us a way out Cor. 10:13 May we truly have faith in His grace.
    Amen

headedup likes this.
  7. M L

M L Guest

Hi brothers and sisters,

I've had some hardship this week but am blessed to be moving forward with some great fellowship here. Special thanks to @headedup for his care x

This is a beautiful song that helped me keep my eyes on Jesus, I hope I can share it here.

With love, your sister xx

funkycedars, headedup and Moxie like this.
  8. Ambrose

Ambrose Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, well I fell but have gotten back up. I encourage everyone who has need of it to get to confession as soon as they can and do not despair.

I came across this video which is helpful so I'm sharing it
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

funkycedars and headedup like this.
  9. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

The Christian life is a warfare. We are taught that “the whole of man’s history has been the story of dour combat with the powers of evil, stretching, so our Lord tells us, from the very dawn of history until the last day. Finding himself in the midst of the battlefield man has to struggle to do what is right, and it is at great cost to himself, and aided by God’s grace, that he succeeds in achieving his own inner integrity.”(CCC 409)

We are at war! Never give up.

10. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

Very good ML, ur doing great.

11. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

Thanks Ambrose, I read ur post and then went to confession, I needed it bad.

headedup likes this.
  12. hopefullynotfappin

hopefullynotfappin Fapstronaut

Does anyone else feel a near complete lack of motivation to stop PMO after a relapse and before the next time confession is available? Like, "Until you get your butt on over to a confessional, you're screwed, so what could it hurt in the mean time?"

13. Does any one else feel the evil one tempting us with PMO? Filling our thoughts with Lust?
    I cam feel it in the week leading up to going to church. I'm Orthodox, so I can't have sex during the week I go to church (I go every second Sunday). I include 'PMO' in that. Every single week, I feel those thoughts rush to my head and I always fail. I did this week on Tuesday. I'm glad I've lasted 5 days this week as I usually fall around Thursday/Friday and even Saturday on occasions.

I also survived the temptation for Holy Week, just, and that was the last time I completed the week leading up to church. Weeks where I don't go to church I find are all the more easier to fight against PMO.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud!

wrestle_the_mind likes this.
  14. Podraig

Podraig Fapstronaut

Hello fellow Catholics and Orthodox Fapstronauts. I just signed up today and am glad to have a new resource for overcoming PMO. I hope you all are well and I look forward to sharing in this effort to make the world more beautiful.
    Hopefullynotfappin, yes, I get that. I keep thinking, 'I should probably stop, but I already started...' I usually try to get to a Confessor as soon as I can to get back on track. I actually fell last night and again this morning, so I'll be in Confession tomorrow.
    Now that I'm aware of this Community, I'll definitely pray for us all at Mass this week.

funkycedars, headedup and Leo33 like this.
  15. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

Indeed I think ur right. The devil never gives up. I find that when I go to confession, alot of times I am tempted more after a good confession as opposed to before. When I am not in the state of grace I feel I am less tempted, the devil sort of leaves me alone (sort of I say). As soon as I go to confession, temptations come at me. The good news is, God is stronger.

funkycedars and WhoStoleMySock like this.
  16. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

I'm going back to confession as well. Thanks for the prayers!

Sursum Corda likes this.
  17. Leo33

Leo33 Fapstronaut

Yes I get that voice in my head too, another lie by the devil to keep us down.

Sursum Corda likes this.
  18. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

@hopefullynotfappin , this "no longer caring" is the biggest struggle I have had, and I would suspect it is the biggest struggle recovering addicts in general have.

Here's the problem: we rely on our emotions to get through urges. We want quitting to be hunky dory, where we WANT to quit more than we want to relapse. Well, that's not always the case. We need a deeper kind of change. To reach this deeper kind of change than just relying on emotional willpower, we need two things. One, we need an external or environmental change. In the words of Al Switzler, we need to make the good behaviors easy and the bad behaviors hard. Two, we need an internal or psychological change. That is, we need to be ready to face urges in confidence that we will walk away with the right mental strategies to do so.

If you have difficulty doing this, you could try checking out the guide in my signature. I try to explain in there how to make these internal and external changes so that we can not only beat our addictions, but grow in human and spiritual virtue.

19. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

20. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Additionally, @hopefullynotfappin , check out this video. The whole thing is good, but your concern comes up starting at about 5:30.