1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic / Orthodox Fapstronauts

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. ReturnToGlory

ReturnToGlory Fapstronaut

Good question. I found this Prayer for Purity. Maybe say this prayer every day during Lent?

O my God, thou who hast given me a body to keep pure and clean and healthy for thy service and my eternal happiness, forgive me for all my unfaithfulness in this great responsibility. Forgive me for every mean use which I have made of thy gifts in thought, word or deed since my rebirth as thine own adopted child in Baptism and my registration as a soldier of Jesus on the day of my Confirmation.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and give me a steadfast will that I may be a strength to others around me. Teach me to reverence my body and the bodies of my fellow creatures. Help me to see the glory of perfect manhood in Jesus Christ and of perfect womanhood in Mary Immaculate. Inspire me with such love for the ideals for which our Savior lived and died, that all my passions and energies will be caught up into the enthusiasm of His service and evil things will lose their power. May my body be the servant of my soul, and may both body and soul be Thy servants, through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

DayOne44, Phong and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  2. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Thank you, RTG, for posting this. I think I will print this out and add this to my morning prayer during Lent. I hope many others do as well.

3. The Blue Ocean

The Blue Ocean Fapstronaut

What do you mean? ._.

4. sarcasm.

5. Nofap strenghtened my faith in Christ because I now know what sin ultimately leads to. It is not a coincidence at all that addictions, this one in particular, ultimately lead to feelings of severe depression and anxiety, the very emotions that are associated with Satan and Hell. There seems to be an almost indisputable connection between Heaven and Earth, the human body and God's Will. I would say that God programmed our bodies in such an incredibly clever way that they automatically respond to God's Will. I believe it's all there, right in our very DNA, all God's information for our bodies to process.
    When I got introduced to PMO at a younger age, I didn't even know that it was wrong and sinful. What does this say about the world today? I mean I opted for religious class in both elementary and high school, yet no one ever taught me about sin and the consequences thereof. No one ever told me that after about a decade of what seemed like harmless fun, I'd be having panic attacks, anxiety, no motivation, no energy at all.
    Nowadays kids even at school are told that masturbation is healthy. They are being LIED to. They don't have the slightest clue of what it's really all about. Sin is a very real concept but unfortunately not a lot of people seem to care anymore. I wish that at a younger age, someone would have been there, telling me about PMO, how it leads to addiction, depression eventually.

I want to spend the rest of my life looking up to Christ, Who died on the Cross to BREAK OUR CHAINS.

Who's with me?

One good tip. Whenever temptation comes, if it does, think about Him. Call upon His Name. Your enemy will have no chance but to flee.

From the bottom of my heart, I hope God is there with all of you, pouring His Mercy upon your souls, opening your eyes, not the cup of His wrath.

Take care. Have a great Sunday.

6. The Blue Ocean

The Blue Ocean Fapstronaut

Wow @bken, I love your post! So much truth and information! :)

And I totally agree with this quote! Nowadays the society quite ... I don't know what to say... a mess. School, health-department and so on recommend to M. It's really weird in my opinion! :S

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  7. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

That for the first 1,000 years of Christianity, the Catholic Church was the only Church.

8. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

A Japanese Samurai was beatified today.

Blessed Justo Takayama Ukon, pray for us!

Saskia, AllanTheCowboy and Phong like this.
  9. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Found this, for those interested:

https://www.romancatholicman.com/100th-anniversary-fatima-approaches-time-nineveh-thing/

THE NINEVEH 90 CHALLENGE BEGINS FEBRUARY 13
    “Consecration Day” will be on May 13, the 100th Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima.

Nineveh 90 – Ten Elements

1. For these 90 days, resolve to let go of repetitive sin you struggle with (e.g., masturbation, over-eating, alcohol, etc.)
    2. Wear Brown Scapular (Scapular Medal allowed) – Akin to Sackcloth
    3. Confession (at least once a month … immediately following grave sin)
    4. Support System: Create or join a “Nineveh 90 Squad” of 3-8 people. Meet 1-3 times per week (in person or online). Join together with an “Accountability Buddy.” Meet daily or, at least, 3 times a week.
    5. Join Angelic Warfare Confraternity
    6. Daily Prayer
      • Morning Offering
      • Angelus (6,Noon,6)
      • Rosary
      • Holy Hour (or at least 20 minutes)
      • Bedtime Prayers
    7. For 90 Days, Commit to …
      • Regular and intense exercise (this may be one of the greater challenges for many)
      • Seven hours of sleep is essential
      • No alcohol
      • No desserts & sweets
      • No eating between meals
      • No soda or sweetened drinks
      • No television or movies (news allowed)
      • Only music that lifts the soul to God
      • No televised sports (one per week allowed)
      • Limit computer time (only use for personal needs and fulfillment. May be needed for Nineveh 90 too)
    8. 54 Day Rosary Novena (Basic Training in Holiness) – February 13 to April 7
    9. 33 Day Preparation for Consecration – April 10 (Monday of Holy Week) to May 12
    10. Marian Consecration – May 13, 2017. 100th Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima
    Prayer Intention for 54 Day Rosary Novena: Personal Holiness and for the Roman Catholic Church.

Sundays and Solemnities: may be a day of relaxed discipline, but not abandoned. (Sleep in an extra hour, cream in your coffee, a dessert, a beer, a warmer shower, etc.)

Fasting: Wednesdays and Fridays (Water and Juice and bread only, if medically allowed)

NOW, is a wonderful time to, in essence, “warm up” for Nineveh 90. For example, maybe take this time to ease into your exercise program that will begin on February 13.

Please join our “Special Forces Training” FB group to receive instructions and form Nineveh 90 squads and buddies: SPECIAL FORCES TRAINING

10. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Let people know, if you think they might be interested.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  11. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

12. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Here is from an email from Fr. Heilman about N90 (above). [Couple more days to think about it]
    Dear Prayer Warrior,

This video (see HERE) does a nice job categorizing this journey we about to embark upon. I'd like use his categories to help us prepare for Nineveh 90, which starts on Monday, February 13.

1. Health and Wellness: In spiritual terms we refer to this as "mortification" which, literally, means "dying to yourself." We are spending this time dying to the "junk habits" of our lives and embracing the "healthy habits" that will increase our "strength in the Lord and His mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10).

Doing this together with 1000s of others, gives us the extra incentive to persevere. Also, having an accountability group and/or buddy gives us that extra encouragement we all need to keep on keeping on. Take this time to work on all those healthy habits we tend to put off until tomorrow.

Plan your own health and fitness regime. For me, I will be adding much more walking to my strength training program, and I will be eating only healthy foods, with a reduction of daily calorie intake. I will be eating small meals throughout the day to rev up my metabolism. You need to decide what "healthy direction" you need to take for yourself.

2. Prayer: Mass (more than days of obligation), frequent Confession and good basic daily habits of prayer are "best practices" for all who seek to be that "Strong Catholic." These 90 days are a great time to get these "basics of our faith" more engrained as regular habits in our life.

As you can see by the photo for this article, I have just a couple of prayer books (find them HERE), my Combat Rosary, and a cup of coffee at my desk. This is where I choose to offer my morning prayers (mostly because I am near a computer for finding readings and reflections). Everyone is different. You may have a special area in your house set aside. Or, maybe offering a rosary in the car works best for you. However and wherever you choose, have your prayer book(s) or print out of prayers all ready, as you begin your Nineveh 90 journey.

3. Marian Devotion: In the first 54 days, we will all be praying the 54 Day Rosary Novena, and in the last 33 days, we will be preparing for our Marian Consecration on May 13, which is the 100th anniversary of Fatima. What a beautiful way for the 1000s us to, collectively, call out to Mary to seek her very powerful intercession.

Starting Monday, all of these daily prayer and reflections will be emailed every day to those who sign-up for the emails at Nineveh90.com. You can also find them posted everyday at Nineveh90.com. If you like to take a book with you, the 54 Day prayers and reflections can be found in this book HERE.

Here are some great tools you can use ...

1. Nineveh 90 Website: Here's the website you can visit every day to receive your daily prayers and reflections: HERE.
    2. Nineveh 90 Calendar: Thanks to my friend, Amber Osmulski, you can print our this amazing calendar for your 90 day journey: Nineveh-90-Calendar.
    3. 54 Day Novena Book: If you prefer 54-day novena Prayers and Reflections in book form, you can order HERE.
    4. Combat Prayer Book: While you can find the daily prayers (Morning offering, Angelus, etc.) on the right column at nineveh90.com, you can also order a pocket size prayer book HERE.
    5. Nineveh 90 Tee Shirt: If you would like a Nineveh 90 tee shirt, you can order that HERE.
    Nineveh 90 is totally free. You can receive emails for the reflections and prayers, visit the Nineveh90.com website for the reflections and prayers, and you can download the free PDF of the Nineveh 90 calendar. Everything else offered in the above list are merely options you may choose.

Your fellow warrior in Christ,

Fr. Rick Heilman

13. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

14. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Relapsed.

from an article I was reading:

Evelyn Waugh’s character Charles Ryder described his friend Sebastian’s protracted acts of self-destruction as “a blow, expected, repeated, falling upon a bruise, with no smart or shock of surprise, only a dull and sickening pain and the doubt whether another like it could be borne” (Brideshead Revisited, 1945)

Made the counter attack by running to confession.

btw, read Brideshead Revisited. Really good (IMO), Catholic novel.

15. ReturnToGlory

ReturnToGlory Fapstronaut

Get right back up and start again. And get to confession pronto. Good luck, brother.

Phong, The Blue Ocean and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  16. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Thanks, man. Yeah, ran to the confessional later in the morning :)

17. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

TO CONFESSIOOOOOOOON!
    [​IMG]

18. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

19. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

"The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps." (Proverbs 14:15)

[​IMG]

"The prudent man considers things afar off, in so far as they tend to be a help or a hindrance to that which has to be done at the present time." -St. Thomas Aquinas

Phong, The Blue Ocean and Saskia like this.
  20. Benedictine

Benedictine New Fapstronaut

I have many book recomendations for my orthodox/catholic brothers.

John Casian "The Institutes"

Philokalia, volume 1-4

Francis of sales "introduction to the devout life"

"The spiritual exercises of Ignatius"

These give more encouragement to us modern christians. I would also research the three phases of the christian mystical path, specifically the first phase (purgative).

Good luck!