1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic / Orthodox Fapstronauts

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

Recently I was watching a lecture by an exorcist who spoke a little bit about a husband's authority over his wife, and her obedience to him "as to the Church." We all get a little uncomfortable at that passage in Corinthians these days, and we mostly take little comfort from the next part that says "husbands love your wives as Christ loves His Church." Well, another priest who was MC'ing the Q & A after the lecture redirected it and blew me away. He said "so all the men and husbands in the audience, if you want to love your wife properly," he turned and, holding his arm straight and steady, pointed above the altar at the icon of Christ crucified, as he said: "That's your model."

2. AllanTheCowboy

[​IMG]
    Observing the Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus by marking my doors, and finished by chanting the Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus. Hope my Muslim landlord upstairs wasn't bothered as it was about 11pm. Oh will. God before ... I can't think of a rhyme but everything. Lol

WhoStoleMySock likes this.
  3. ReturnToGlory

ReturnToGlory Fapstronaut

I am all in, brother. I just joined the forum this morning, but this is something I have been wanting to do for a long time.

4. Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.

1 Peter 4:1

Phong and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  5. Traditionalist

Traditionalist Fapstronaut

I have fallen brethren, pray for me :(. Lasted two and a half weeks, not long enough. Must go longer next time. Off to confession I go.

AllanTheCowboy likes this.
  6. Joe1985

Joe1985 New Fapstronaut

Hey all. Glad to have found this thread. I am Roman Catholic and new to this site, although I have been struggling to stop PM seriously for around a year now. Making progress but still have a long way to go.

Traditionalist, keep up the fight. I am sure there are many of us sending prayers your way.

7. AllanTheCowboy

MOAR ROSARY!

8. Saskia

Saskia Guest

I would just like to encourage those of you seeking an AP to find a Catholic brother or sister to share this journey with. This added spiritual dimension and understanding, and a true spirit of fraternal charity, has been such a blessing to me. Maybe, in addition to the AP section, people could also make known their need here? Just a thought..

Back-to-Life and ReturnToGlory like this.
  9. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

The one thing that can give us confidence in this war of lewd fantasies and various disconcerting thoughts is the knowledge that we do not consent to it. As Saint Bernard says, our enemy is weak and can vanquish only the people who wish defeat. All the dreams and fantastic thoughts blasted at us by the devil do him no good unless we consider ourselves defeated. Thus we must never surrender, not even if in the rage of battle the devil stuffs our mouths with evil words; no, not even then are we to admit he is winning, for so long as there remains in us one ounce of discontent and hatred against his tactics, victory is not his.

- Francisco de Osuna, The Third Spiritual Alphabet
    (just picked up this book, and it is amazing - get it, study it)

Joe1985 likes this.
  10. Traditionalist

Traditionalist Fapstronaut

Idea of the day. Massive photo of Christ the King sitting beside your computer desk next to the monitor.
    [​IMG]

11. ReturnToGlory

I think I will do that pretty soon. I started my reboot last week.

12. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Viva Cristo Rey!

13. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

No one can heal my disease except He Who knows the depths of the heart.

How many times have I set boundaries for myself and build walls between myself and sin! But my thoughts transgressed the boundaries and my will tore down the walls, for the boundaries were not secured by the fear of God, and the walls were not founded on sincere repentance.

And again I knock at the door, that it may open for me. I do not cease to ask that I may receive what I request; and I know no shame in seeking Thy mercy, O Lord

-
    St. Ephraim
    By a flood of tears you made the desert fertile,
    And your longing for God brought forth fruits in abundance.
    By the radiance of miracles you illumined the whole universe.
    O our holy father Ephraim, pray to Christ our God to save our souls!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Phong and AllanTheCowboy like this.
  14. AllanTheCowboy

Wow.

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  15. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

The Holy Spirit says:
    Oh, that today you would hear his voice,
    "Harden not your hearts as at the rebellion
    in the day of testing in the desert,
    where your ancestors tested and tried me
    and saw my works for forty years.
    Because of this I was provoked with that generation
    and I said, 'They have always been of erring heart,
    and they do not know my ways.'
    As I swore in my wrath,
    'They shall not enter into my rest.'"

Take care, brothers and sisters,
    that none of you may have an evil and unfaithful heart,
    so as to forsake the living God.
    Encourage yourselves daily while it is still "today,"
    so that none of you may grow hardened by the deceit of sin.
    We have become partners of Christ
    if only we hold the beginning of the reality firm until the end.

- Hebrews 3:7-14​

16. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

A leper came to him and kneeling down begged him and said,
    "If you wish, you can make me clean."
    Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand,
    touched the leper, and said to him,
    "I do will it. Be made clean."
    The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean.

- Mark 1:40-42
    begged him on his knees

17. “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” – 1 Peter 5:8

“It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God” – 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

Any Christian who tells you PMO isn't condemned by the Bible is sugarcoating mortal sin.

Let's pray God strenghtens the generation of young men that fall prey to these wicked lies and sins. Eventually everyone pays the price for sin but unfortunately many don't realize how serious this punishment is until God's Hand falls. Then we are done with sin.

18. AllanTheCowboy

Pfft. Mortal sin. That's just a silly Catholic invention. You know, like Christianity.

19. ReturnToGlory

Hey, Y'all.

I started my reboot almost a month ago. I managed to get this far without an Accountability Partner, but now I think it would be a good idea to try it. I thought I would ask here and in the group first.

20. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Roughly a month before Lent, just to put it on the radar.

Any thoughts as to any practices (alms, fasting, prayer, etc.) that anyone is considering?