Cant show my year of birth without showing month and day.

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Eason, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Eason

Eason Fapstronaut

Hi, I want to show my year of birth so that I can post a journal in the appropriate section, but for reasons of privacy, I'd rather conceal my specific birthday.

However, my personal details page won't let me tick the 'show year' box without ticking the 'show day and month' box first.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!

2. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Hey @Eason,

You don't have to make your age visible to journal in the appropriate sub-forum.

Did you try deselecting 'show day and month' after selecting 'show year?' It works for me, let me know, and I hope it works.

3. Eason

Eason Fapstronaut

Thanks very much! I've tried that:

Tick day/month > Tick year > Untick day/month

But when I check on my settings again, it's gone back to both boxes being unticked. That's cool if I can go ahead and start a journal without my age showing though. Maybe I can just start writing and then figure out how to do the age thing later.

Moon Shot likes this.
  4. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Hmm, it should work. Well, start writing, you don't have to wait for the age, like I said. :)

Another little tip: In a thread, when you want someone to know that you are responding to something they say, you can hit that reply button at the bottom of their comment and/or highlight a specific portion and click the black 'reply' button that comes up. They should get an al

All the best rebooting! If you'd like to link your journal to your avatar, as I have, that is you can see if you're on a laptop, or horizontally on a phone, here's how:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...ch-appears-underneath-your-post-count.148118/

5. Eason

Eason Fapstronaut

Right! Thanks again for all your help. :) I appreciate you taking the time to offer tips. I'm not the most technologically astute of people, but hopefully I should get into the swing soon enough.

Moon Shot likes this.
  6. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Lol, you're not alone! :p

Eason likes this.
  7. HonestyMatters

HonestyMatters Fapstronaut

I've got the same issue. Would like to show age just so people know but without actual date of birth. Can't seem to just show year unless full date of birth is shown. Is there any way around this?

8. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Hello @HonestyMatters! :)

I'm not a moderator but I'm sorry, I don't think, as of now, that there is any way to configure the settings to show just the age, it seems, but you found an answer- By including the age after your location, I guess that's the best solution! :)

9. HonestyMatters

HonestyMatters Fapstronaut

Thank you. Yes, i thought afterwards to just add it to the location, that was an easy work around. It's something they need to fix.

Moon Shot likes this.