1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all vegans

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Uncultivated, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

As a vegan its really important to inform yourself of proper nutrition. I have been vegetarian for 16 years now, had developed a vitamine D and iron deficiency for years without knowing it with rapid hair loss and depression as a result.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Brando_

Brando_ Fapstronaut

I agree whole-heartedly with you @VeganRights . There is a mountain of conclusive evidence that meat and dairy consumption is not only incompatible with the human digestive system, but also straight up harmful to our health and longevity (cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.).

I've been eating a fully plant-based diet for the past six months, mostly whole foods (my only vice is tortilla chips, I love them so much) and my health has never been better. I think that it is definitely making my NoFap journey easier. I take vegan B12 supplements, and I try to get in the sun regularly for that vitamin D. Contrary to popular belief, a vegan diet is NOT difficult to employ, although it is harder when people around you refuse to give up meat and dairy - my friends still make fun of me for being a vegan, they think I'm some crunchy granola idiot. It's pretty hurtful, and it's also sad to see them refuse to even think about being responsible human beings, but it's thickening my skin and is a small price to pay for taking care of myself.