1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Buchanan:It's Too Late to Save the USA

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Dec 31, 2018.

1. I chose Finland because of the good numbers they had in the some of the economic and social metrics so IDK about your personal experience.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  2. @Davidphd1866 bruv...
    I haven't personally been there but some of my friends were and had only good things to say (except the fact that Norway is expensive af for non-Norwegians). Many metrics like HDI suggest the same. I'll take their words over yours.
    Rome didn't fall "soon", it existed for 800 years - 400 years as a republic and 400 years as an empire. I'm not sure what do you mean by "couldn't decide" - maybe in the last 100 years before Augustus, but definitely not before or after. And how is the US Congress abdicating?

3. @Ra's Al Ghul @ClaritySeeker @brilliantidiot stop circlejerking, boys. US might be the best place to start a company and the best place to survive WW3 but the quality of life is subpar for the less fortunate and the crime rate is pretty high.

Having said that, @Brokenman123 and @Jak3 need to realize that US is still one of the greatest nations in the world. "Most immoral country", you have to be kidding.

Good posts by @Hanai @SuperFurryThing @MLMVSS
    The rest of you better sit on your hands for a while and read a book or two.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

It depends on what you consider "quality of life" I don't consider a high quality of life making lowing wage, not being allowed to own guns and being terrorized by religious extremists as a daily reality a high quality of life. If you do, knock yourself out and move to places like that.

Deleted Account likes this.
    • Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Australia all have higher median wage than the US. The rest of the West is not too far behind.
    • I'm not aware of any country which bans guns completely - perhaps North Korea? A half of Europe is as liberal with guns as the US. You can still buy guns in the other half if you're not crazy or criminal.
    • There's more religious extremists in the US than anywhere else in the West lol. But I guess you're talking about ISIS (who wouldn't be here if it weren't for Uncle Sam, by the way). The thing is, even if you count these bastards, you're still less likely to get shot in Brussels, Paris, Berlin than in New York, Chicago, LA.
    Anything else?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
  5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

So you're satisfied with low wages, check. You don't mind your gun rights infringed on, check, and you blame the USA to justify radical terrorism, check. Have you moved out of the USA yet to your paradise?

I'm not afraid of getting shot. The USA does not have a gun problem, that's fake news. With the number of registered gun owners in the USA, if there were really a problem from law abiding gun owners you would know it.

6. What the fuck. Did you read a single sentence of my post?

7. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

But if you're not less fortunate, it's pretty good, or actually it's #1 :D
    I agree with you though, the inequality needs to be improved upon

8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Life itself is inequal. Is everyone 6 feet tall, there's many inequalities, including economic. I think you know what I mean though.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  9. So the US kills millions and starts wars to further it's economic agenda of infinite growth and it can't be considered one of the most immoral countries in the world?

shen likes this.
  10. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

yep.

11. shen

shen Fapstronaut

The USA can't behave itself and be a good neighbor that is the real problem.

I am an American and yet I can see it spoiling relations with powers that could utterly and thoroughly bring its demise. Don't underestimate China man.

12. The fact that you, MLMVSS and others don't dispute that the US has killed millions is proof enough that the US is a pretty immoral country.

13. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I'm against all Proxy wars. Time to get the fuck out of the middle east, let them solve their own problems. I don't think the blame should go to the entire country, plenty of people in the USA are against proxy wars, it's the globalists/neocons who love keeping the proxy war machine going.

14. When I say the US I'm mainly referring to the government, not the general populace although there are citizens who are for and against the wars, as you said.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  15. ClaritySeeker

It's not the MOST immoral, but it does do immoral things. I've already conceded this point multiple times now...There are many worse countries with terrible human rights problems

Ra's Al Ghul and brilliantidiot like this.
  16. I've stopped saying it was the most immoral country a while back... in my post that you quoted I said it should be considered ONE of the most immoral countries and it seems you agree that it can be considered one of the most immoral countries in the world.

17. Yes.
    No.
    • If I were rich I'd prefer Switzerland, Iceland, Australia, Denmark, Japan.
    • If I were super rich I'd prefer Bahamas, Macau, Emirates, Monaco.
    No doubt - on the international theater the US is a complete piece of shit, surpassed only by the Saudi crime family. But in this thread we're judging countries on how well they treat their citizens, not foreigners.

Thanks for the vids, will definitely watch. I'm not underestimating China in the slightest, I think it'll overtake the US as the superpower #1 in a few decades. I'm not scared of an all out war because if (when) it happens, nobody will win.
    W. Shirer, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

18. ClaritySeeker

I think it's in the middle of the pack and that the awards for most immoral countries would go to many other countries and not the USA

19. I agree to disagree.