1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Broke up with girlfriend, what next?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by caribou25, Oct 22, 2018.

1. caribou25

caribou25 New Fapstronaut

Today I broke up with my girlfriend of ~30 months. This was completely unrelated to PMO, but is one of the reasons I am rebooting. I feel very sad and lonely, despite the fact it was a mutual decision to leave each other. I'm currently looking for ways to keep my mind off of this, which can be hard because I'm at university and don't know my new home town well at all yet. Nor do I have the friends to keep me preoccupied as I did before I moved to university.

Don't know how to feel about the whole experience, all I know is that what I am feeling is negative and I'm not sure how long it will last as it was my first ever relationship. My friends invited me back down for a Halloween party at a night club and I don't know how I will cope, I feel like I just want to be with anyone sexually even if it is just kissing to help me get over my past relationship.

My day counter refers to personal goals which doesn't refer to anything outside of PM (and some unrelated goals). Don't know if going out clubbing with friends in search for a one night occasion would help or just to appreciate the time I spend with them and deal with it the hard way.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

Do you have something planned in mind?

3. Don't do that. You shouldn't use someone to get over another person and if any woman is wise she'll stay from a guy who's just broken up with his girlfriend. Personally I studied, worked, listen to music and podcasts when I broke up with my ex.

4. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

Keep busy and preoccupied and develop new hobbies and invest in yourself.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. If u jump directly into new relationship, you skip the growing part. That pain you feel now is a great motivator. Embrace it and use it.

Deleted Account and caribou25 like this.
  6. caribou25

caribou25 New Fapstronaut

hey thanks for all the responses everybody! It's been around a week since we broke up and I'm starting to feel like me again. I've got lots of days out planned and I'm back to uni. the advice given here really did help and I wanted to let you all know that a minute out of your day to comment can really help somebody!