1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Book recommendations?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Dr. King Schultz

Dr. King Schultz Fapstronaut

Great book. I'll add to that and say read his other book Ego is the Enemy. It really is.

Kman20 likes this.
  2. MarkedProgress

MarkedProgress Fapstronaut

Some of the books that I liked over the years and I still skim them through are:

1). As A Man Thinketh - James Allen
    2). Pitch Anything - Oren Klaff
    3). Man's Search For Meaning - Viktor Frankl

1). As A Man Thinketh is a book about changing the thoughts you have, because as you think so shall you become.

Quotes from the book:

"Men imagine that thought can be kept secret, but it cannot. It rapidly crystallizes into habit, and habit solidifes into habits of drunkenness and sensuality, which solidify into circumstances of destitution and disease. Impure thoughts of every kind crystallize into enervating and confusing habits, which solidify into distracting and adverse circumstances."

"All that a man achieves and all the he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts. [...] individual responsibility must be absolute. A man's weakness and strength, purity and impurity are his own and not another man's. They are brought about by himself and not by another; and they can only be altered by himself, never by another. His condition is also his own and not another man's. His suffering and his happiness are evolved from within. As he thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains."

2). The book Pitch Anything wrote the book for selling situations. How to act, what to say, how to present yourself in the presence of very rich business men. The thing is this book it is very useful in any social situations. I highly recommend it.

3). The book written by Viktor Frankl is about stoicism, how to find meaning when you are at the lowest point ever. He describes the difference between mentally strong people and mentally weak people that he lived with in the concentration camps of WWII.

Kman20 likes this.
  3. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

If you want to make friends: The Friendship Factor, The Art of Friendship, Friendship: How to get it and how to keep it, The Social Skills Guidebook

If want to date: Intimate Connections, What the hell do women really want, Are you the one for me?, Letting Go: a 12 week program

Positive thinking: The Magic By Rhonda Byrne, Complaint Free World, Happy This Year, Feeling Good, Creative Visualization By Shakti, Ask and it is given by Abraham, The Map by Boni lennsburry, The magical Path by Marc Allen,

Fitness: Bigger Leaner Stronger, Bigger Leaner Stronger Year One Challenge for men, The shredded Chef

Decision making: Problem solving 101, Smart Choices

Motivation/Successs: Goals, Maximum Achievement, Eat that Frog, No Excuses all by Brian Tracy

Productivity: The now habit, the pomodoro technique, getting things done

Finding your life's purpose: Wishcraft

Kman20 likes this.