1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BOOK LOVERS CLUB

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Future role model, Apr 6, 2018.

How often do you read books?

1. All the time

62 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. Often

110 vote(s)
    51.4%
  3. Rarely

37 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. I don't read at all

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. emmsans

emmsans Fapstronaut

Hey there. I haven't read enough books to brag about :p but mostly I'm into fiction. I have read The Stand, The Passage trilogy, Deep Space 9 The Fall of Terok Nor, and all Sherlock Holmes novels and stories (I'm not sure what's the correct term to use here).
    Now, after taking a long break, I'm starting reading again with Manuscript Found In Accra, a friend recommended it to me.

Deleted Account and Woodcutter74 like this.
  2. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

Curious to know which self help books did you read?

3. Fightthedevil

Fightthedevil Fapstronaut

Yes. I've read 1984. It is amazing if you are into alternative history but also amazing for normal reading. It shows the dark face,kinda what would be the condition in totalitarian regimes. I loved it,I've read it thrice and never got bored.

Rambling Man likes this.
  4. Fightthedevil

Fightthedevil Fapstronaut

Yeah Man I'll look into The Carpet Makers And One hundred years of solitude has been on my list for so long,I can't even tell you but i then go into reading some more books of John boyne and now proudly i've read them all. My favorite will be A history of loneliness and The heart's invisible furies.

Currently i am halfway through The Book Thief and can't seem to put it down.

5. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Currently reading 'Not Nice' by Dr Aziz.

Really eye opening book if you have self confidence/esteem problems. Always feel the nice guy and people walk over you.

Makes you reassess your nice behaviour and see how it may be hindering your chance of success, chance with girls, promotion ect...

The author is funny and writes on a personal level which is easy and enjoyable to read

He has been on an art of manliness podcast if you listen to those - which you should as they are great too!

Kman20 likes this.
  6. golyadkin

golyadkin Fapstronaut

Actual reading: Netochka Nezvanova - Fyodor Dostoevksy.

I want read at least 15 books till the end of 2019

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Deleted Account and Rambling Man like this.
  7. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

lceres6 likes this.
  8. golyadkin

golyadkin Fapstronaut

Finished ~10 days ago. Also completed The Slum. Now reading Steppenwolf (33%). Next shall be The Stranger.

Rambling Man likes this.
  9. golyadkin

golyadkin Fapstronaut

Yes.
    I'll write something when i finish the book. I'm not into book review btw.

Rambling Man likes this.
  10. kruznick

kruznick Fapstronaut

How are those podcasts? What's the overall content theme like?

11. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

The art of manliness podcasts in general?

They are very informative they also have an episode about forming habits and about dopamine too. They are hundreds and some real gems in there.

The overall theme is there is a guest speaker who has usually recently released a book or something and they go through the main themes in the book and has some practical advice on improving fitness, breathing, confidence, morning routines ect

kruznick likes this.
  12. aniseprakash

aniseprakash Fapstronaut

Wow... this threat throws light into different books. Great.
    I love reading books. Right now into the 50th page of "The Name of the Wind"
    I read self-help books before bed. Right now "How to win friends and influence people" (a bit old, but got my hands only recently) is on the bed :)

kruznick likes this.
  13. kruznick

kruznick Fapstronaut

I would like to mention "The Upward Spiral" by Alex Korban(I think that's his name). It's a great book that breaks down for you how the mind works and what practices you can adopt to improve your overall mentality. He is highly detailed and the book is very comprehensive. It will certain increase anyone's understanding on the brain and habits.

14. kruznick

kruznick Fapstronaut

Has anyone read the 'Mortal Engines' series? If you have, do you recommend it?