1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaming him for my "Alcohol dependency"

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by TheRoadGoesEverOnAndOn, May 31, 2018.

1. TheRoadGoesEverOnAndOn

TheRoadGoesEverOnAndOn Fapstronaut

My doctor asked about my alcohol usage. I honestly said one or two beers a day to cool off and relax at night. She then asked me to take a drug test. Apparently I have a high alcohol usage and dependency. I'm currently in between antidepressants which is probably why it's high at all, but today really brought me back to day one - blaming my husband's PA for ruining my life. I never had any depression or migraines or regular drinking before D-Day, and now my permanent record says I have an alcohol dependency and I was accused of using drugs. It took me months to get my head out of the past but today I feel like I'm spiraling back to day one. My husband is blindsided and doesn't know what to say. I don't know what to do. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. TheRoadGoesEverOnAndOn

TheRoadGoesEverOnAndOn Fapstronaut

I'm up at 330 am wondering the same thing. My guess is she thought my "regular alcohol usage" warranted the drug test. My husband thinks I should stop going because it's insulting.

3. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

That's so weird about the drug test!
    I know how you feel on the whole feeling like your PA ruined your life thing. I feel that way a lot. Everything, and I mean everything about my life, is so different now. :( I'm sorry you're in that spot.