1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Birth control

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nomenyeux, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Nomenyeux

Nomenyeux Fapstronaut

I'm not going to worry to bad about orgasms anymore. I sure f

2. Nomenyeux

Nomenyeux Fapstronaut

Guys, I have let guilt get the best of me. This struggle not to come borderlines on insanity to me; I mean to kick yourself for having a wet dream!

I am content to free from the need to jerk it. But I hope to find a wife to share these things with soon.

Love y'all.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I'm gonna try to go 500+ days and beyond without jacking off

4. Nomenyeux

Nomenyeux Fapstronaut

5. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

XD

6. Nomenyeux

Nomenyeux Fapstronaut

It's somewhat of a slippery slope isnt it. I guess you could call it -- A Phallacy? Hahahahaha D:

Atlanticus likes this.
  7. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

It's very possible, though. It's all in your head, just like it is for me.

8. JSmartBites

JSmartBites Fapstronaut

Often have I wondered about this as well. Technically speaking, birth control in of itself has been around for centuries (seriously, you can find archived records of ancient methods employed and the plants used to do it), with that being said, it's no surprise as to why these methods were used back then.
    If a woman became pregnant without a husband automatic dishonor
    [​IMG]

Also, it's worth noting that the views of having children are much different today, at least in terms of current American culture.
    Past: The more children you had, the more help you had to run your business = the more money you could make = quicker you could retire. Your children were a blessing that you invested time and effort in to benefit the entire family and the the children's future (work, food, successful career). There was no pension or tax deduction based off the number of children you had. The choice to have children was entirely dependent on the two people and there was no alternative advantage to it, except what the two people decided. Also, there were few mandatory rules and fees associated with raising children in this time.

Present day (1st or 2nd world countries):
    Strict requirements by law what constitutes as a suitable home (not saying this is a bad thing, but it requires the parents to have a certain amount of income, shelter, clothing and access to food). Ad in the required schooling rule and any other mandatory things as required by local/government law (in a continuous cycle of appeals, debates, and reform).
    To put it simply, children have become expensive. True, there are some ways you can get a tax deduction for the number of children you have. For some, the necessary requirements for children have become a staple for what it means to be a good parent. IE. decent finances, decent job, good home, etc.
    Thus, the more children you have the more mouths you have to feed, the more expenses you have to pay.
    Which will make it no surprise, that many parents choose to only have 1 or 2 children.
    But with the sexual pleasure that many find in marriage, and with sex being the means of sexual reproduction; it would make sense that those who wish to experience sex without the financial responsibility of having a child; that birth control ( a way to experience sexual pleasure while not bearing children) would be marketed as a product to these people.

At least, this is my theory

Attached Files:

9. Ericri

Ericri Fapstronaut

When you masturbate your hand is never satisfied. In sex you focus on your partners feelings and not only your feelings. It's like you get twice as much from it because you are sharing.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  10. Nomenyeux

Nomenyeux Fapstronaut

11. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Hey! I appreciate your contribution a lot -- and would like to learn more. You see, I'm academically a bit over-educated and know that western science is very useful and so but it's also slow (takes years, often decades and sometimes centuries to prove things conclusively), highly selective and particular -- and limited by the scientists' biases. Older more ancient disciplines -- like Yoga in its many forms -- are a different way of knowing, often more empirical. The two approaches are both useful IMO and can be combined without any conflict. In fact, either approach may seem a bit superstitious if it's closed-minded. Indeed, the true scientist is open-minded, humble, knows his/her extreme limitations, and is always ready to be amazed at something new. However tentatively, I already dabble in some ancient physical/mental techniques to my benefit and would like to know more about how it can strengthen sexual health. Lead the way, guy! Thanks!

12. Nomenyeux

Nomenyeux Fapstronaut

13. I think birth control is important but I don't view the modern way of practicing it as being the solution anymore. I used to but I've since change my outlook, since I do not believe the modern methods foster the control aspect. Control begins first with ourselves and our outlooks. As someone who's been very pro-casual sex/contraception, I've had to take a step back and re-evaluate my own views. Are they helpful to society? Have they made society a better place? Are they actually part of the problem and not the solution?

In the end I've found that the best birth control is self-control by way of abstinence. If I'm not ready to accept the very possible and natural consequences of an action then I must control myself and not take said action. By doing this I help society as a whole. I've come to realize that there are no actions done by human beings which do not effect society as a whole. Even me masturbating effects society since it's an action that points me inward instead of outward where growth and community is fostered and found. Plus I very much believe our contraceptive mentality has lead to a a culture of death by way of abortion. There's a quoted from Mother Teresa that goes "It's a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." That quote floored me and opened my eyes to the indoctrination of selfishness that society has been spewing forth not only in sex but in materialism and all areas of life.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017
  14. I am in 100% agreement with you, man

Ctrl+Alt+Del likes this.
  15. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Provided the total sexual activity of a man in a given month respects this scientific formula then he will be just fine:

Coeff.H * {(mS + nB + pM + qA) * Y/28 *sqrt[(Tm + Tn + Tp + Tq)/(Coeff.T (m+n+p+q)]} *Np/1.5 < 496

Coeff.H - individual health coefficient
    Coeff.T - individual sexual time/endurance coefficient
    S, B, M, A - chi depletion constant for each sexual activity: sex, blow job, masturbation, anal respectively
    m, n, p, q - number of discrete sexual events per sexual activity within given month
    Y - age, years
    T - total time per sexual activity in given month
    Np - number of different sexual partners in given month

16. Is this sarcasm? Because I thought it was funny, but given some of your previous posts I'm not sure. Lol

17. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

It's either well sourced, peer-reviewed science or sarcasm. Definitely one of the two.

What do you mean "given some of your previous posts"? o_O

18. I've just noticed you believe some things that I would consider pseudo-science, so I wasn't sure if this was meant to be sarcasm or not. At least I think it was you, I might be mixing you up with someone else.

19. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Def a mix up. I only do cold steel logic and reason. :)

20. Nomenyeux

Nomenyeux Fapstronaut