1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Narcissistic People

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by GA93JDeereboy, Nov 30, 2018.

1. GA93JDeereboy

GA93JDeereboy Fapstronaut

Me I can relate this to someone I knew and it had drove me nuts. But people who are narcissistic you need to know what your going to see in these people. They have a personality disorder.

If your taking the abuse this video may help you see what to look for in narcissistic people.

She hits home on what to look for.

2. de severn

de severn Moderator Assistant

Great video. I would redirect this topic in the partner support category and not problematic sexual behavior but I’m glad to have watched it. Thanks :emoji_thumbsup:

GA93JDeereboy likes this.
  3. I used to have a "friend" who, every time he felt jealous, would start putting people down and act like a complete twat. For example I might say something witty (and completely harmless - it's not like I'd say a mean joke or anything). Then he'd get jealous and angrily mention something I did years ago that I was a bit ashamed of. Public humiliation was a big thing with him.

Whereas if I get jealous, which doesn't happen very often because I tend to mind my own business, I'll just feel a little bad and remain quiet. Big difference.

"No contact" is the best way to go with people like that, if possible. Don't just ignore their messages etc., BLOCK them.

BedroomDanger likes this.
  4. de severn

de severn Moderator Assistant

The way my boyfriend puts it, “don’t give them too much intellectual credit”. In other words, don’t expect them to know how transparent they are.

5. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

I kind of wonder sometimes if I’m fucked like that. Cause whatever I get annoyed when people are socks or whatever and that’s obviously ego related to be annoyed. But then I have some friends where I actually question if they have any feelings or morals. So I push them and I get some kind of reaction,
    Some emotion. Must just be narcissistic as hell. It’s whatever though. That’s basically how animals have evolved tbh. So I can’t really hold it against them too hard

6. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

I love that last line. It rings pretty true usually. Don’t expect to know how transparent they are. It’s very obvious to some people, but some are just completely blinded.

BedroomDanger likes this.