1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Betrayal Trauma Recovery {dot} org

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Jagliana, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Has anyone ever joined or tried btr.org for Betrayal Trauma Recovery/support?

Thoughts/reviews/opinions etc.

HonestyMatters likes this.
  2. I think this might be the one @TryingHard2Change 's wife uses, and if so, I believe he said she's found it helpful.

TryingHard2Change and Jagliana like this.
  3. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Ah okay, it was suggested to me, but I'd love to hear other opinions on it.

4. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

My wife loves it. The cost seems totally worth it -- you pay one set price per month ($185 I think) -- and there is something you can dial into every day, different hour of the day. It's a group therapy session .. very well run by the counselor.

You can also purchase individual sessions with a counselor/therapist...bought individually or 3-packs or more at a discount.

My wife has greatly benefited from it.

5. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I have it in my Lists.
    I use it instead of the more common bloom for women... But I've been using it since before I had heard of Bloom... And I'm just a creature of habit.
    I really like it.

TryingHard2Change likes this.
  6. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Great!!

Thank you, guys! I'm glad others have used it and found it helpful. I will definitely look into it!

TryingHard2Change likes this.
  7. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

I think i missed what you were getting at? Were you asking why does it always have to cost something?

If that is what you were getting at, I do agree. Or at least, why don't they have insurance as a payment option like an in person therapist would? Btr has a cost. Bloom has a lot of resources that are for free including a betrayal trauma assessment with a trained counselor, as well as follow up sessions. Free. There are some things on the site that have a cost, but Bloom has many courses and resources for free. BTR is much more limited in that way.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Healing is going to cost eventually.
    There is only so many "free" resources.
    What is the cost of breaking a person?
    What is the cost to repair a person?
    A marriage?
    It's not Free.

Whether you use Bloom or BTR or therapy or something else... It's not going to be free if you really want to get to the other side eventually.

9. Queen_Of_Hearts_13

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 Fapstronaut

Insurance companies suck, when I went to treatment (4 times) for my anorexia, I had good insurance with a 1.5k deductible, once that was paid, insurance covered the rest (1k/day I was there).

Treatment centers are expensive because they are Centers.... it's a huge building/buildings that need to run, plus paying staff, and more.

Online, well costs can be less because it's run online and you don't need to pay electric bills and such.

But everyone needs to make a living.

And some therapists do sliding scales.

Also, with insurance, if you use insurance your insurance company knows your sessions, progress, etc. depending on insurance, some companies get the therapists notes, and some therapists have to abide by a treatment regime if they choose to work with an insurance agency even if the insurance agencies plan of treatment might not be in your (the clients) best interest.

So... there are pros and cons to this (I researched this because I was wondering what I would do when I have my own practice), you can take insurance and have to deal with/abide by insurance agencies rules, or you can have your own private practice, with you leading the treatment, and you keeping the clients information between you adn the client.

Where I am, therapists costs between 100-300 per hour.... some do sliding scale to 75 per hour depending on need. So.... yeah... just some other info to know.

10. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

I think something GhostWriter was touching on is that there are so many venues that do have a cost, and an exorbitant one at that, that most insurers won't cover. And that can make it difficult or even impossible for many people. Not everyone can afford to pay without insurance. Not everyone can afford to pay even with insurance.

We can't just put a blanket statement to the tune of - you better be prepared to spend money if you want to get better - because that is just not some people's reality. First, they can't afford it. Second, that kind of thought is highly judgemental and makes people feel like if they can't afford it, then by their circumstances alone they are not putting forth the effort to get help. Third, it's simply not true.

Treatment doesn't always have to cost am arm and a leg. Not everyone requires costly treatment. Some have come out on the other side quite successfully without giving their first born child. Some haven't and found they needed something else. It depends on the person. It depends on the situation. It depends on a lot of things.

There is nothing wrong with seeking out resources that are at a low or no cost. Things that cost or are at a higher price than others doesn't automatically make them better than less expensive or free resources. This website is one such example. We have to be careful not to lift ourselves above others just because one person thinks their way is best.

In regards to btr and bloom...both are amazing, reputable websites and have incredible resources to help SOs recover from betrayal trauma. One just happens to have more free resources than the other. It seems silly to start debating about that.

hope4healing likes this.