1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming a BodyBuilder

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Troels. L, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

Without adding any enhancing supplements, just working out on my own. Swimming, running. I want to embark on another journey, as my days have increased, so has my motivation. I want my muscles to be really enhanced, another challenge I will succeed in. Wish you good luck

Deleted Account and meatsandwich like this.
  2. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I wish you all the best, I think also it would be essential to cut down the massive sugar levels as some bodybuilders use them to bulk and increase their insulin, but it can leave health problems in longer term. Lean meat as chicken, a lot of veggies and it would be even preferable to eat veggies more than meat, as it will help you to be healthy and go forward, also have positive effects on your health.

DeeJDee likes this.
  3. Yes on the simple sugar no on the more veggies than meat part. I think most people have trouble what 120-160 grams of protein worth of chicken breast looks like. Basically 600-800 grams of chicken breast. Let that sink for a minute. I would recommend cutting simple sugar (sodas and baked goods) eating your normal allotted amount of fruit and veg, then somehow fit in that 600-800 grams of chicken breast. Of course you can have some whey protein, at like 32 grams of protein a scoop, it makes this all a bit more realistic, but he said no supplements.

I say buy a ton of tuperware, cook up 6 meals a day, a base meal being 100-120 grams of chicken, 1/2 cup (dry measurement) of brown rice, and 1 serving each of fruit and vegetables (just an example.)

Then set up a schedule, here's mine:
    Monday: Legs
    Tuesday: Arms
    Wednesday: Chest, Back Abdomen, Cardio
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Arms,
    Saturday: Chest, Back, Abdomen, Cardio
    Sunday: Cardio

Make sure you don't do an obscene amount of cardio on lift days, as it will interfere with muscle growth.

My Arm Day looks like:

50 lb dumbells
    Curls: 5x10 or failure
    Military Press: 5x10 or failure
    Bench Press: 5x10
    Lateral Pulldown: 5x10 or failure
    Tricep Press: 5x10

My Leg Day looks like:
    Leg Extentions: 5x10
    Leg Curls: 5x10
    Standing Calf Raise: 5x10
    Incline Leg Press: 5x10
    Squats: 3x10 or failure
    Hip Abductions: 5x10
    Hip Adductions: 5x10

Chest, Back, Abdomen day I do:
    Rowing 1000-2000 meters
    Rowing (weight machine) 5x10 or failure
    Abdominal Crunches until I get sick of abdominal crunches.
    Push ups: 50-100 in increments of 20
    Sit ups: 50-100 in increments of 20
    8 count body builders 25-50 and only if I want to show off.

Unas likes this.
  4. Consider buying a George Forman grill, and a rice maker, will make your life 10x easier.

5. Spoony

Spoony Fapstronaut

why are you working arms on one day then squeezing Chest, Back Abdomen, Cardio in another day ? i do chest biceps then back triceps. since triceps are used as secondry muscles on chest workouts. some people prefer chest triceps on the same day but each to their own.

if your looking to define muscle decide if you need to cut or bulk and base your diet around that and your routines. Personally if im bulking i drop the cardio completly but each to their own in that regards. i wouldn't even consider bulking with a bf percentage over 15.

6. I don't get sore like ever so I simply assume I can just move to the next muscle group, I also prefer to work one full limb, then another. In reality that chest, back, abdomen day is mostly a back, abdomen day, with chest assisting the back. Because I get in a lot of chest and tricep work on arm day, I mainly focus on back because I don't want to be all asymmetrical. I do abdomen that day because I pressurize it during some of my extremely heavy lifts.

7. Spoony

Spoony Fapstronaut

i only usually get sore when i change my routines but usually with the protein and bcaa's i rarely get any pain apart from legs because on my cuts im doing cardio 6 days, some days HIIT and some days distance depending on how they feel or if they feel beat i rest them (also i do cardio after lifts and never before) . But i stupidly over progressed on my back workout and haven't been able to go into the gym for a week now, twanged my shoulder muscle but hopefully all being well should be back in the gym tomorrow and got 3 days to make up on some lost time. But atleast the beauty of cutting is being able to still maintain the deficit

8. VirilitySupreme

VirilitySupreme Fapstronaut

Getting serious with working out along with starting NoFap was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I went from this:

Before.jpg

to this:

Now-min.jpg

The benefits of making such a drastic change with your body cannot be overstated.

In my opinion, many of my Fapstronaut brothers that are having flatlines in their journey are simply not working out hard/smart enough during their streaks to elicit a positive hormonal response and keep their endorphins high.

Good luck OP ! It's great that you've decided to change ! Now go lift some heavy shit :D

Unas, Deleted Account and Troels. L like this.
  9. Viacheslav

Viacheslav Fapstronaut

I'm working out too. But i do 4x20(the last set is mostly 22 if i not fail). Should i switch to 5x10 for faster and bigger gains ?

10. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

Good work, you can obviously see the difference ! Keep it up :)

11. Realistically, lower reps on highee weights will get you more bulk. Like a 6-8 rep set x3 lifting heavy will get you bulk. I do 5x10 because of personal preference.

Deleted Account likes this.