1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Become the best version of myself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bemybest, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

From today I start my self-improvement challenge.
    First deadline 1 jan
    No pmo
    No tv/ computer/ net surfing
    Study for my exam on 30 and 31
    No time wasting
    Making my day productive

shevro, Jeony77, 19conquer and 4 others like this.
  2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Make your first deadline today, not next week mate.. :)

3. ItalianMan

ItalianMan Fapstronaut

don't forget to have fun and relax

19conquer and A41:14A like this.
  4. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

Yesterday also I started studying from 11 pm. Then around 3am i was eating food. So I though lets watch some tv. Then i mindlessly started watching it and then watched till 7 am. Then from 7-9 am mindlessly started surfing net for useless things. Now i am watching a cricket match.
    I have an exam on 30 and 31 which is very important for me. But i have given up hope as I feel I can't Complete my syllabus and won't be able to clear it.
    I have the right intent in mind to be productive everyday. To give my 100% but I don't do it eventually. Idon't know why do I fail repeatedly

19conquer likes this.
  5. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

From today i start my journey to change myself. To work hard everyday and utilise my time effectively.
    It is high time I need to embrace a healthy lifestyle. The main goal being that I want to become the best version of myself. I will have to remove all doubts and inhibitions and would have to persevere hard and work like a machine.
    I won't give up this time. I would achieve my goals at any cost.
    First week- Goals( start with small steps to effect a big change)
    No pmo
    Gym
    Medicines
    Study goals
    No time waste
    Ted talks/ Edx/ unacademy - half hour for intellectual growth
    Read books - this week I will read the power of habit and my experiments with truth - atleast half an hour
    I will start taking these steps ffectively from 3rd Jan as right now I am out of my hometown having come for my exam.

6. Good goals & all the best on your journey !!

7. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

My streak is 5 days and 10 hours. I am feeling relieved to be out of the compulsive loop of pmoing 5 times everyday. I had gone into a frenzy where I was masturbating every 3-4 hours once I had done it first time in the day.

Now I am concentrating on improving myself. Becoming the best version of myself. Here is my review for yesterday.

To do list
    Gym - done
    Yoga- done
    Book - read 5 pages
    No tv/ tv show/ YouTube- done
    Study- for just an hour

Other than this, I was busy yesterday with some work. I had to fill a form for my exam. After doing that I met my friends. We chilled out and had dinner. Then i went to meet my school friend, had a chat and then came back home. Before sleeping I did some household chores and gave a massage to my mom for her joints pain.

Review- 8/10

8. PsyBall

PsyBall New Fapstronaut

I use Cosmic Master Hypnosis and the results are remarkable.

Good that you're sticking to a routine/ritual though.

9. Good luck brother! One tip, make it more specific

10. NixWarrior

NixWarrior Fapstronaut

Impressive list of goals, man.

He is totally right. We have a limit. Don't push it too hard, or you may relapse even harder. Smalls steps forward are better than completely falling off the wagon.

Also a good idea. Try setting daily goals like "today I'll read this many pages from that book" or "I'll have done 50 push-ups by the end of the day". This makes it easier for you to assess whether you completed a certain goal of not.

Wish you the best luck.

Bemybest and ThomasV like this.
  11. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

Thank you for your valued suggestion. Will try to act upon these. I want other to be part of my journey and help me with guidance and support at every pitfall I encounter.

Thanx everyone!!
    Cheers

12. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

What is cosmic master hypnosis? I can very well find it out from the net. But it would be great if u could just give a brief description.

Thanks
    Cheers!

13. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

Suddenly, I Woke up at 4:30 am today. Maybe because it has been 5 days I have been trying to adapt a healthy and productive lifestyle. You might be wondering what is the connection. But I have earlier also experienced this sudden urge to make my day better than yesterday many a times. I start feeling great about myself and become very active. I start following the rational decision maker in my head and experience that I have a natural tendency to improve everyday. Ultimately the goal remains to become the best version of myself.

To do list
    Yoga- done ( 15 minutes)
    Gym- done
    Study- three hours at time of writing this journal
    Book- Read 5 pages
    Tv show/ YouTube/ match - watched one hour of match

I will try study for 2 more hours as I am feeling the need to make atleast a 8/10 day.
    I controlled my urge to watch the entire match. So that was a positive. But for this month I need to keep a strict check on my urges as I am really low on self control.

Hopefully, I will make my day productive as much as I can.

Its Good night for today.
    Cheers

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Day 0 yet again but I will not give up only improve I know I can do this like others before me this time it was not even as enjoyable to pmo I best not be sad nor angry on this life is far to short to be miserable so best get a fresh smile on my face see what I can improve on I wish the same for everyone good luck all!

Wordinhaler and Bemybest like this.
  15. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

Try writing some of your long term goals and also you can prepare a to do list for the day.
    Stay strong and never back down from your targets.
    Now that you have embarked on this journey to become the best version it is inevitable that you will face numerous obstacles and disappointments. So the most important part is to become mentally strong.
    This remains the purpose of my journey too.

Hope you have a great first day.
    Cheers!

My Best self likes this.
  16. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

Should I enjoy my day or should I just think of everything other than studying as waste of time.

Last night I studied till 1 am. Then I chatted with mom for 2 hours . She wasn't feeling well. So, I just wanted to make her feel better mentally and forget about her sickness. I got up at 7 am. Then I went to gym at 8:30 am. Came back at 10. Then went to see my doctor for my stomach ailment. Again, He told me it is related to stress. After that I went to shopping. I came back from shopping at around 7 pm. Then I just passed my time with friends and family till 10. Then I slept.

So, at the end of the day I felt I had wasted my day as I didnt do anything productive. I didn't study at all which is my priority target. Now I am looking to make this Sunday productive. I need to compensate for yesterday as well. Lets see what can I achieve.

As always I will give my best.

Cheers!

Repenter117, ThomasV and My Best self like this.
  17. Do you know what the stress is coming from?
    And if so, do you have a plan do deal with it?

18. Little kitty

Little kitty Fapstronaut

I know u can do it bro. . .because we here to suport and pray for your success.keep going and keep the good work

Bemybest and PositiveFibe like this.
  19. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

Yes, exam related stress and mostly due to the silly reason of not having a girlfriend ever in my life. I have got depressed many a times due to this.

But I cannot waste my time pondering about these useless things. I have to become mentally strong and achieve my goals.
    Goal- Never feel low again. Great things are waiting for me in future. Can't afford to get depressed as I have been showered with so many privileges and facilities all my life by my parents. Just need to be grateful with what I have.

Cheers!

Life_racer likes this.