1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

鉄華団

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Tekkadan, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

YOU ARE ENTITLED
    TO NOTHING

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
    I Free I and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Grow_out_of_it

Grow_out_of_it Fapstronaut

What is this thread about?

3. Bran Cao

Bran Cao Fapstronaut

Japanese?

Hiraeth likes this.
  4. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Fapstronaut

Chinese I think

5. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Change Team, assemble!

So, I am here because I would like to make a couple of changes in my life. I already started doing them, but I was quite confused the last few days would like to start over a little bit. My current situation: Depressed, dropped out of college, unemployed, living at home (grateful though), friendless (pushed almost everyone away after depression hit). I want to change that. Those following this thread, I'd like to ask you to check in once a week to see my progress (I update on Sunday), to motivate my when I''m to give up, to remind me not to slack of when I do and to convince me not to start over again next time. What's in it for you? Mhh, I can't offer you anything special or physical. Perhaps I could promote this community if I become stronger as a person. It might make you feel good about yourself, knowing you helped a fella in need. I don't want to be in my victim role anymore and get my life back on track.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  6. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Fapstronaut

Sounds great bro, let's push each other!

Grow_out_of_it likes this.
  7. Grow_out_of_it

Grow_out_of_it Fapstronaut

Got your back brother!!! :)

Hiraeth likes this.
  8. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Change Grid Map - Year 1

[​IMG]
    That's the stuff I want to work on with the books below. I'm already going to the gym since 4 weeks, so this is good. My depression really ate away at me the last few days, so I just go started working on it yesterday. Every 3 months two new projects using the "Changeology" and "Willpower Instinct" methods which take about 12 weeks to apply. In April I also begin with studying for college and beating my procrastination so I can balance work and school better. After that, I start taking driving lessons again. I kind of gave up on that for whatever reason. At the same time I want to start making Chinese friends and study for Chinese A1 certificate. Finally, I want to join a Capoeira school and use that as cardio to my lifting program, while reading a book on friendship and learning the rules on how to have good friends because frankly, I was a horrible friend in the past. Now I'm left with only 1-2 friends. I don't know how I got so popular during my college times. I guess I was just lucky, but it all came down on me later anyways. So, let's start over.

felis0417 and Grow_out_of_it like this.
  9. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

2017 Resolutions

[​IMG]

Here are my resolutions for this year. I like Brian Tracy's method of 10 goals per year. I think this a good start for someone like me, after all, this is rock bottom here. Right now I'm working on hitting the gym 5x per week, dealing with my depression, trying to get a college admission and finding 20hr part time work.

10. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Core reading list

[​IMG]
    These are my core books. Changeology and Willpower Instinct work very well together. I'll do the exercises and review books as I move on through the different programs and goals. The goals book I plan to use for planning my life. It's a very mature book and I hope that I can help me to become more of an adult as well. Themes like goals setting, progress tracking, responsibility among others are key here. Next year, I might upgrade to another Brian Tracy book. This year however, "Goals" is enough.

11. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Reading list 2017

[​IMG]
    These are the books I'll be using for this year. Some of them have a companion, so it's two books for one goal. Every one of the above is great. Let's see how well I'll be doing with them. This is also going to be a sort of real life review for those interested in self help literature.

felis0417 likes this.
  12. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Posting Format
    I found the post format to post about this is using this site only on Sunday. I don't want to spend more time than necessary online. Usually I block this and other sites anyways until Saturday. It's a cheap trick, but it'll work for now. When I'm online here, I'd like to do only 3 kinds of posts: Weekly review - post my progress on my habits, Resolution progress - post about my progress with my different resolutions, Blog - just some random thoughts and pictures (I won't talk about specific people. I don't want to gossip or vent anymore. It's a childish habit I should have quit in general years ago.)

13. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Change contract

#1: Working out 5x a week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Strides

[​IMG]

Books

[​IMG]

Gym gear

[​IMG]

Measurement tools

[​IMG]

90 days reward

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
  14. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Change contract

#2: Lower my depression score

[​IMG]

Book

[​IMG]

Strides

[​IMG]

90 days reward

[​IMG]

15. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Moby Dick

[​IMG]
    Unless all the hexagons on this little map are highlighted, I won't even think about dating. I wasted a lot of time with this issue and ended up empty handed. This time I rather focus on making a nice life for myself. This topic can wait. Forcing it, backfired on me hard.

16. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Tracking tools

[​IMG]
    Just the stuff I use since the last few weeks to keep track of what I'm doing including this blog.

17. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Imagination

[​IMG]
    Perhaps I'm a fool for still trying, but there's one friendship that's really important to me that has been dead for months now. I miss that person, but we had an ugly finish. I wanted to try it one last time if I could repair things with this book. After all, nothing else is left anyways. If this doesn't work, I won't see that person ever again probably. It costs me nothing to imagine and it'll help me let go in the process.

18. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Purpose

[​IMG]
    Since I've been feeling very lost the past months, I've decided to add more category to my reading. This is the "purpose" category. It should help me figure out what to do with my life. I'll use next to my "motivation" category (Brian tracy books). For this year, "witchcraft" will do.

19. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Weekly Review

Goal #1: The Daily Mood Log

Reward System
    [​IMG]

Strides App
    [​IMG]

Burns Depression Checklist
    [​IMG]

Goal #2: 5-Day Split