1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad mood, depression, lonliness- day 37

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Trinere, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Trinere

Trinere Fapstronaut

35 years old and been doing Nofap since 30 days without relapsing. Its my first trail. However instead of feeling the benefits I feel like shit. I have the flatline too, but its ok for me to have no libido at the moment, its just the terrible feeling...
    Some days I just want to stay in bed when I wake up.

Now I know its good to go out, meet friends, go to the gym etc. and I do all the things...but the bad feeling is still there.

Anyone experienced the same?

2. SirWanksalot

SirWanksalot Fapstronaut

Yep, absolutely and I still feel it every now and then. I used to mask it with all kinds of "quick and dirty highs" but by now I went through it so many times that I just accept it as my body and mind working through some shit. And I have seen my mood and energy improve on its own again so many times that I can absolutely trust my body with what it's doing.
    This way it's pretty easy to just feel the feels even though it sucks.
    Truth be told, I've been in a bit of a funk for the past two days myself. But I know it will be over. Just went working out outside a bit and already feeling a bit better.

Also, by now I have a good feeling for what helps me going through it a lot quicker.
    Not masking it with a high but doing something for myself that gives me good energy if you know what I mean.
    The activities you mention are already pretty good. But as a broader concept, try not to "resist" feeling bad or avoid it as much as possible by doing all these things just to feel great again as quickly as possible.
    Just feel the feels. Even if it sucks. Your mind and body will work through it all.

Still activities are really good o course, because sometimes we are in a funk because we have been sitting in front of a screen at work way too much and feeding our body and mind shit.

So for me personally it's activities like
    working out in nature (or just moving your body intensely for a little bit)
    or at least walking in nature, soaking in the peace and quiet around me
    staying away from as much stimulation as possible (by now I even often put my cellphone on airplane mode most hours of the day and put it in a drawer where I don't even see it - actually you really don't NEED your phone that much)
    eating clean (getting sugar highs has a really shitty efect on me energy-wise and mood-wise)
    making sure I get enough sleep
    meditation
    and sometimes alos spending time with positive, good friends (trying as much as possible to stay away from negative, drama people)

If I can think of anything else I will add it here. I hope it helps so far. By any chance, are you doing any of these already maybe?
    And it's been a few days, so how are you doing by now man?

Best wishes for you!

3. Trinere

Trinere Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for your words, I appreciate it. Meanwhile I relapsed a week ago and felt like shit just after that. I felt emptiness. Just a day or two after relapsing I also got sick. Still fighting back from cold, there is still that bad feeling inside me, but I think its because of the recovery process. Anyway, now I reached the flatline again where's absolutely no libido. Now I am hoping for better days coming. I absolutely need a boost regarding my mood. OK, cant workout atm due to illness, but better days are hopefully coming...

4. Nakuribo

Nakuribo Fapstronaut

Exactly the same here.. I wish I can overcome this feeling

5. abacus123

abacus123 Fapstronaut

Yes, that happens to me a lot. I think in general I have a very depressive personality. PMO was not helping, but even now that I think I have it under control, I still feel in a bad mood/depressed/lonely.

I have a very supportive small group of people around me and I've been blessed with being able to be myself with some of them (we seem to have no secrets or filters.) Recently I developed some good relationships online which is useful as well. Being able to be open with people and knowing they are open with you is great, and I do treasure these connections. Of course, there is the gym and other activities like video games and reading that help. I have a job that I like and that is meaningful to me. But like you say, the negative feelings are still there sometimes.

I've thought a lot about why this is. I think this is just who I am since ever since I can remember, I've always been this way. I have embraced these feelings as part of my personality, and I usually just move on. I still do plenty of healthy things (as I mentioned) and leave a productive life. So at the end of the day and all things considered, I'm good. When the negative feelings show up, I ride them out, they pass, and there is always tomorrow.

There is no advice here, just sharing experiences.

PowerOn likes this.
  6. 007malone

007malone Fapstronaut

I started hitting up the gym and exercise! Put my mind on positive things! I’ve been reading a book on studying body language, and it gives me encouragement to learn new things. Confidence can grow if you plant the seed of positive thought brotha! Hope my message helps!

7. RequestDenied

RequestDenied Fapstronaut

Yes broseph - 31 y.o. here: you're showing symptoms of PAWS like the rest of us.

That's what's so entertaining about the whole "superpowers!" thing. It's mainly 17 y.o. kids just talking gibberish. The real superpower you get - if you were addicted to fapping - is post-acute withdrawal symptoms lol.

I even had a massive flare up today. It was terrible.

Solution?

Smoking weed lol.

Don't knock it and all that...