1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Avoiding PMO by dating?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, Jan 24, 2019.

1. There is one thing I want to say about Dating during a reboot.

It won't work.

If I meet a woman, and she rejects me, I get too emotional.

These emotions, I can't understand.

So this puts me in a vulnerable position to relapse.

If I meet a woman and she DOES NOT reject me, still I am vulnerable.

I am like a hungry shark, detecting fresh blood in the ocean.

But if she gets elusive, then I'm back in the emotional cesspool.

This cesspool consists of hopelessness, loneliness, isolation, fear, worry, and much more.

If I end up having sex during a reboot, then I will automatically be in the chaser.

In the chaser, I am likely to try to drive my car across the Pacific after her.

Conclusion: For me, I can't see a scenario where I get the woman, and complete a reboot at the same time.

It's a non-starter, dating and rebooting.

Abstinence is about "AVOIDING" the O, not pursuing it.

A reboot is about self-improvement, which is not chasing a woman around, not buying her stuff, not wasting time and resources to go after something with a marginal value.

I suggest leaving the women alone completely until the 90 days are over.

At Day 91, at that time, make the decision.

NOT in the middle of a reboot, knucklehead.

ClimberF, Empty Red Cloud and u376 like this.
  2. Lsym

Lsym Fapstronaut

I personally think that the should be to find a woman that makes you want to be a better person. That also includes stopping PMO. In that regard being in a relationship during your reboot could genuinely help you. Not only because of the psychological support that you get from her (or him whatever you are into, I’m not here to judge) but also due to the motivation that you draw from you significant other.

EthanW. likes this.
  3. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

Well... Have you tried not having sex while dating. Find a conservative girl who isn't looking for immediate sex, and see if you still feel emotionally torn when the relationship comes only with respect and like-minded interests. Keep it cool and a little casual, a little fun and frivolous, and with the end goal being to understand the other person better.

Also:

LOL

VivreLibre likes this.

4. Lsym, I feel that if I lean on a woman for emotional support, I will miss out on the self-improvement I need, which is complete independence.

5. It's too slippery a slope. I'm not young, I've been there and done that.

EthanW. likes this.
  6. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

I don't blame you at all. I'm in the process of such a relationship, however... So wish me luck, lol.

7. VivreLibre

VivreLibre Fapstronaut

My opinion is you have to do what's right for you. No two people are the same and if you need to avoid girls for a bit to work on yourself then thats up to you.

That being said, I wouldn't take that approach for myself. In my experience and in my opinion sex is important part of relationships, but its definitely not an essential thing. I believe a true friendship should be in place before it becomes sexual. I dated my now wife for 8 months before we had sex, and it was one of the best things I did. I knew I truly loved her and trusted her before we even became sexually active.

I think one of the best things a man can do is find a woman who he can trust and do his best to make her life as wonderful as possible. If she is trustworthy she will do the same for you. This isn't some inter-dependence, its loving service. This type of service makes you look beyond yourself. When you focus on others you have the self-confidence to also do whats right for yourself. Thats something tried and tested in my life and it has yet to fail me.

Marik757 and EthanW. like this.
  8. Ethan
    It will be hard to get the benefits of NoFap and abstanence by ACTIVELY pursuing an O , wouldn't you agree?

9. Lsym,
    I disagree respectfully, because a major benefit of NoFap, is emotional independence.

Should I place the priority of a woman's needs over my own desire for improvement?

Because any guy in a relationship can tell you, her needs are #1 at all times or he

is cut off.

10. VivreLibre,
    You write intelligently, and have concise ideas. However, in the dating and mating process,

this is not exactly "service" to "any person".

A man IMPLICITY expects sex, sooner or later.

Therefore, this "service" idea, through dating, is a mere justification.

11. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

Oh, I'm not. The girl I started seeing hasn't expressed any interest in a sexual relationship (she's Christian, and wants to wait for marriage) and neither do I. I want a traditional courtship that will result in marriage and children, and, so far, my body is responding amazingly to this mindset: I've had ZERO urges at all. Nothing. And I have all the confidence in the world it will stay this way.

The only "O" I'm pursuing is the one I put on her beautiful finger. I get why you are cautious of the slippery slope, but I'm young, and I'm going to go where others dare to tread.

VivreLibre likes this.
  12. theFounder

theFounder Fapstronaut

Are you speaking out of experience?

13. stop talking to women, its over for us