1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Avoiding junk food. Advice and Discussion.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CL555, Sep 28, 2014.

1. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, Not sure if this should be in the Self Improvement section or the Off topic section.. But anyway...

It's clear that lot of you want to become fitter and more active whilst on your NoFap journey. After all, NoFap and getting into shape go hand in hand with all the extra time and motivation.
    I was wondering if any Fapstronauts who are into fitness could offer some advice..

My problem isn't the physical part. (working out/running etc) It's the diet part..
    The place where I work part time (2-3 days a week in a bar) only offers complete JUNK FOOD to all the employees for their lunch break (muffins, chocolate, crisps/chips etc). We're not allowed to take in our own lunch. So the only thing there is to eat on my 8 hour shift is calorie laden, sugar/salt loaded no nutrient garbage.

I get so gutted when I've been eating completely clean for 3 days, then I go to work and my options are either junk food or hunger/tiredness. I feel like I'm 'resetting' when I eat these work lunches, just like a reset when I PM. And because 8 hours is a long time to go without eating something, I always eat the junk food.

I'm going to try and get the lunch packs changed and made more healthy. However, my bar is in a huge football stadium with thousands of staff, so it's not as if I can just ask the boss, or get myself a separate lunch pack.

I know junk food is okay in small doses, but I can't help but feel like 2-3 servings of crisps/chocolate/muffins per week is too much for me..

Do any of you out there have any advice on how to do the 8 hour shift without eating and still maintain the energy to work? I always have a big, healthy breakfast before I go to work and I drink water like nobodies business throughout the day. But I'm not sure it'd be enough to provide the energy for the whole shift. I like my little job and I want to be good at it.

Any advice guys?

Thanks, Connor.

engelman likes this.
  2. Aw man, I feel you, that's tough. There is really no way to cheat? I'm maybe going to say something dumb, but like do as if you're going to the toilet, and you actually eat the stuff you've prepared?

You also could perhaps take protein bars or something like that... You aren't even allowed to bring a snack?

3. IWantABetterLife22

IWantABetterLife22 NoFap Moderator

I think talking to your boss/manager/supervisor would be your best bet. Also, and I'm sure you do this already, make sure everything else you eat (stuff you can control) is 100% healthy, like lean protein, vegetables, and fruit.

4. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm going to try getting them to change the lunches first of all. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to try and sneak in some fruit or something.
    The doctors note is my plan C in case the other two don't work.

I mean, they can't argue with somebody for wanting to eat healthy, surely?

Thanks again guys!

Keep the advice and general comments coming if you're reading this!

5. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

Now, seeing the title of the thread I was just about to write "Step 1 Buy carrot Step 2 Eat carrot", but such treatment of employees sure is strange. I feel with you, I wouldn't be able to feed myself with such garbage for 8/24. Or maybe I would... I have never worked full time. Consider becoming a freelancer translator like I am, that way you can even work from restaurant table if you please.

6. Tamás

Tamás Fapstronaut

[QUOTE="CL555[/QUOTE]

Look up intermittent fasting. People usually do 16:8, but you can work yourself up to even just one meal a day.

7. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

When it comes to Junk food, I made a vow to never eat a MC Donalds ever again, no friend or family member can fix this, I´d rather not eat a meal than eating there, this was a few years back, big win!