Atheists, God and the afterlife.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

This is so wrong again .... Please don't claim something about someone when it is wrong.
    Muslim take Moses, Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael as great prophets and messengers. It's just when Muhammad(peace be upon him) became a messenger the jews/israelites didn't accept this. Because Muhammad(peace be upon him) is in the lineage of Ishmael whom the jews/isrealites don't consider as "the rightful birthmark".

We muslim acknowlegde the Torah(given to Musa/Moses) and the Injiel(given to Isa/Jesus) and believe and acknowlegde Jesus(son of Maria), Moses, Abraham, father of Isaac and Ishmael. From Isaac we get Jacob, who had 12 sons. Yoseph and the other 11 who became the known 12 tribes of Isrealites. From Ishmael we get the arab. From Ishmael we get our beloved prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him).

Once again, please investigate and only inform with evidence and truth

2. Thanks. I'll have a read.

Castielle likes this.
  3. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

God lives.
    God created all things, including you and me.
    God loves us all.

These things and all things shall be known in a future day :)

4. John Baur

John Baur Fapstronaut

5. Gallows

Gallows New Fapstronaut

Hmm, a 2000+-year-old fairytale book made by people living in straw and sand houses, changing whenever it is translated. Or ever-changing scientific development based off logic and factual evidence.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

What was the original question in this thread?

ClaritySeeker likes this.
  7. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

But isn't God supposed to have an equal balance between justice and mercy and not choose one over the other?

8. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Well men right now are fallible and imperfect so God was fallible and imperfect?

9. RainbowShell

RainbowShell Fapstronaut

It was a question to atheists, about the what if God is real. To me he is real of course but The question was what their thoughts was if they where wrong and he really is real, cause I was interested in their thoughts on the matter. Was not meant to become a thread about arguing about if he is real or not but in the end people never stayed on topic, started by people just insulting and evading the question, joking around and so forth, a few people answered and some apologized for being rude but then it all fell from there.

10. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I dont agree that God chooses mercy above justice. He has both.

11. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Well the guy said Thank God that God puts mercy above justice. That's what I was responding to. How can one tell if God strikes the right balance though?

12. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

And about Hitler can anyone really say anything? Who's to say I or anyone else wouldn't have ended up like him if we were in his position?

13. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Also do you believe that Genesis was a literal story and if so how do you the explain the discrepancy between science and the Bible when it comes to the creation of the Sun, science states that, the sun was created long before the earth but the Bible says the opposite, so which is right?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  14. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

How come when it comes to how women are treated in the Bible, you say that people take it out of context and that we're imperfect humans who can't understand God's commands but when it comes to Islam why can't the same thing be said... Why can't it be said that we're taking the commands out of context and that we're imperfect, limited beings who might not be able to understand the commands of an infinite God? And I'm not attacking you, I'm genuinely asking a question.

15. Dude, this really is the most pointless argument there is. Nobody is gonna change anyones mind. If anything people are gonna piss each other off. We all have our beliefs. It's just that when someone else believes in something that we absolutely cannot understand, we have to ask these questions, but it's not gonna change anything. I honestly don't understand how people believe in the bible in any way shape or form, but they're gonna believe in it regardless. Live and let live I suppose.

16. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Yeah, I know. I was just giving my opinion.

Well, the Bible says that God is good and perfect. Justice is a good thing, as is mercy. So if God is perfect, I would imagine He has the perfect balance between the two and probably does not value one over the other.

I agree.

I'm not well versed enough on that particular thing to comment. I would want to see what studies were done to conclude that the sun is older than the earth. But there are a lot of things that make perfect sense about the genesis story, so I would implore you to do your research. Especially if you dont consider the days to be a literal seven days.

Also, people talk about the "big bang" or an explosion of some kind. Sounds pretty much like Genesis to me... God said "let there be light" and BOOM! There it was.

Because the Quran is not the word of God. Its a man-made book, created by one man and backed up by nobody but that one man. Anyone should be skeptical of such a message. Why would God need to create some new book with new rules or commands or whatever, years and years later, and if He did, why would He give that message to one man alone and not confirm it through anyone else?

Again, I really really dont want to get into an Islam debate here. I have very strong opinions on the matter, and they are opinions that could easily get me banned from the site.

Why is his question pointless? I dont see it that way at all. Asking questions and trying your best to discover truth is never pointless. I dont think you should discourage people from doing so. We've been having a very respectful conversation here, nobody is pissed off. And hes not trying to change anyone's mind, hes asking a question.

Brokenman123 likes this.
  17. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just asking questions for my own information. Trust me when I say I know I how fruitless arguing can be.

Castielle likes this.
  18. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Well I don't have any studies but the consensus in the scientific community is that the Sun is older than the Earth but at the same time I also saw an article saying that there's water on Earth that's older than on the Sun but in the article they still say that the Sun is older than the Earth, so IDK. I think they might explain that problem by saying that the water could have been stored in asteroids that preexisted the Sun and then when asteroids hit the earth that's how the water on Earth would have been older than the Sun but again IDK.
    Also how do you explain how most of the human race came from Noah and his family after the Flood? How could 8 people create the rest of humanity that we see today?

19. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from asking questions. I literally just gave my opinion on the subject. I believe it's pointless because I've had this "debate" with many people and it never once answered any questions and the results were literally the same. Sometimes people will get angry and start name calling because they don't understand and ironically it's usually the atheists that do so.

20. Yeah I never said you were. I meant in general nobody here is gonna get their mind changed. I wasn't discouraging questions and I wasn't talking about anyone specifically. Just gave my opinion, but I think I'm gonna stop doing that for certain topics because people will read more than what's there. You guys have fun. :D Also, aliens built the Pyramids. :emoji_alien: