1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone trying to stop smoking as well ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ixpieth, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Pope668

Pope668 Fapstronaut

The second time the hypnotism was more obvious than the first, although almost more effective still.
    That might also be because I was pissed that I slipped again, but it definitely seems to have stuck this time around. I think I didn't really want to quit the first time, so was still looking for excuses to smoke, blaming bad stuff on not smoking, etc...
    But the second time, reading the book all that facts became more and more clear, maybe cause I just recently did it. But in the beginning of this thread someone posted a almost Buddhist way of quitting, the book to me is just a western way of doing that exact same thing.

Still a very valuable tool I believe.

2. hellfire2

hellfire2 Fapstronaut

I was only social smoker, but if I may suggest people try Electronic cigarettes to support quitting.
    Many of my friends have succesfully quit smoking using these and they come in nicotine/tabacco free types too.
    I would suggest E-cigs because they replace the habit without actually quitting.. Alot healthier.. No carcinogens, carbon monoxide.. mostly water vapour.. your body will confuse with smoking.
    Most importantly they replicate the focused deep breathing in smoking often used in meditation which relieves tensions and calms the mind.
    Therefore receiving the benefits of smoking without the catch..