1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone struggle with love addiction?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by GoRob32, Jul 12, 2014.

1. GoRob32

GoRob32 Fapstronaut

I constantly pine about wanting to be in a relationship, often pursue women that are either in a relationship already or are emotionally unavailable. I also form attachments to people with the secret hope they will solve my problems.

I've found this definition online and I'm suspicious that I meet the criteria.

"Love addicts spend much time, effort on a person to whom they are addicted. Love addicts value this person above themselves, and their focus on the beloved other often is obsessive."

It goes on to say:

"Love addiction doesn’t necessarily pertain only to romantic or sexual relationships. It is possible for a person to relate as a love addict with their friends, children, sponsor, guru or religious figure, or even with a movie star, whom they have never met.

A love addict’s core fantasy is the expectation that someone else can solve their problems, provide unconditional positive regard at all times, and take care of them. When this unrealistic need isn’t met, love addicts may find themselves feeling resentful, and may create conflict in their relationships with others."

I've been clean from PMO for about 90 days and I'm looking for ways to address my relationships now, both romantic and friendships. Any help, much appreciated.

Deleted Account and Buddhabro like this.
  2. Tallada

Tallada Fapstronaut

Yep, this is something I used to face a while ago. I got a hold on it by not concentrating on my needs but others'. By giving a lot of affection and unconditional love to others, many of them gave some back. Not all of 'em, but still some numbers.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. GoRob32

GoRob32 Fapstronaut

Thanks Tallada. I will apply this from now on.

4. is love addiction is also a addiction?