1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else's Head Feel Broken?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Googoowe, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Googoowe

Googoowe Fapstronaut

I just want to ask if your head feels or use to feel like it's not/wasn't working or that it's'/was 'broken' and your experience. So... what was it? I guess I do have a question to go along that, which is that I've had emotional problems and a PMO addiction since I was thirteen and I'm still dealing with them, now a late teen. I've never had a time as a teenager when I was mentally healthy, so I don't actually have an idea what that should feel like or how my head should actually be working or feeling like.

2. Nalex25p

Nalex25p Fapstronaut

I am similar to you, I’ve always had emotional problems since I started it, until it actually numbed all my emotions and feelings because I was so drained. You don’t want to get to that point. I feel a better sense of well-being and more stable now that I’ve been clean. The first few days of withdrawal I had paranoid thoughts and anxiety, so this stuff can mess you up pretty bad mentally.

3. Googoowe

Googoowe Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I've already hit numbness, which is one of the main reasons I'm on Nofap. Apparently being addicted to PMO can over fry your dopamine receptors and numb you out as a result. I've heard some Nofap success stories saying that they found enjoyment and felt emotions again. Of course, it's going to be largely the emotional issues that are causing the numbness, but I hope that Nofap can help. It's good to hear that it helped you

4. @Googoowe
    Such problems and addiction ... yes thats definitely a heavy burden.. and then, even if you bear it and don't let it crush you, there's so much things to ponder on, think through, regret but also hopes, plans to make .. sometimes that is just too much to process. You feel like you might go crazy or like there's something wrong with your head.
    - Are you talking about this?

I've had it. It will pass. Go easy on yourself then! Or maybe you can explain further what you mean.

Have a good weekend!

5. I think healthy people are just pretty well coping with their problems and generally get along quite well, under the normal circumstances. That's all there is to it. There's nothing like perfect sanity. Only subjectively one can feel perfectly well - sometimes.

You can go by your own standards. Why not? Find out what your own standards for life are!
    Communication is important. You can't make it all out for yourself. What are other people thinking? You are defined by them as you define them. Learn from others, give and take - that's probably the most decent advice I can give. (One that is also good for myself)

All the best!
    IP

6. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

@Googoowe , how does your head hurt? In what way?

7. Googoowe

Googoowe Fapstronaut

Yes, partly. Though it doesnt just feel like being overwhelmed with emotions and rumination (though it could be). I didn't specify but I feel that I'm not completely engaged with reality or I'm not here fully and that I can't think logically or with any clarity . Yesterday, I had this strange moment when I felt I was thrown back into reality. I felt like I had perspective, clarity, something's that's been gone for a while. But then, just as quickly as it came, I was thrown out of it and back to my current mental state. I had another one of these moments today when I was on a walk. I can't really understand it. Is this my head returning to baseline? Possibly. My thinking is getting better every day and I feel like I'm functional again.

8. Googoowe

Googoowe Fapstronaut

You're completely right about having to go off of your own standards, tbh it's the only think you can do. I'm terrified of communication though. 99% of my experiences with people outside my family have been terrible, I only end up feeling pathetic and stupid. I've got an avoidance problem now, but I've been making progress. Thanks for your responses, all the best to you too

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  9. Googoowe

Googoowe Fapstronaut

I didn't specify but I feel that I'm not completely engaged with reality or I'm not here fully and that I can't think logically or with any clarity . Yesterday, I had this strange moment when I felt I was thrown back into reality. I felt like I had perspective, clarity, something's that's been gone for a while. But then, just as quickly as it came, I was thrown out of it and back to my current mental state. I had another one of these moments today when I was on a walk. I can't really understand it. Is this my head returning to baseline? Possibly. My thinking is getting better every day and I feel like I'm functional again.