1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone doing Crossfit?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Warrior01, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Warrior01

Warrior01 Fapstronaut

I'm going to start on Crossfit tomorrow. I'm planning to do it 3 times a week, at least the first month, and after that I'll increase to 5/6 times a week. I always wanted to be bulky and have a nice body. When younger, I was pretty slim and underweight. I started working out at college and so far I increased my weight in 20 lbs. Still, I'm so un-disciplined that I fear it will not work for me; the longest I've been going regularly to the gym is 6 months.

Any advices? Thanks!

2. DonkeyKong22

DonkeyKong22 Fapstronaut

Hey, afraid I can't help but i'd love to hear some info on crossfit. I think it could give me a new focus and challenge.

3. Gecko

Gecko New Fapstronaut

Hey bro! I tried a period of a couple of months with CrossFit a year ago and I would encourage you to do it. The CrossFit community is all about encouraging and raising each other stronger for each time. Imagine it like a football(soccer, for americans) team, except with weights :D So with everyone cheering for each other, its easier to show up for work outs and exercise regurarly. Besides, you get immensly tired from these workouts, and usually fapping will be the last thing youll think about :p Good luck mate!

4. Finalfight123

Finalfight123 Fapstronaut

Uh I would read the article in the link and think if its still what you want. But i think its incredibly overpriced the kipping dips and pull-ups tweak your shoulder the high rep olympic lifts the kevin ogar incident. . I think my biggest thing I don't like is its so unspecialized that they never really get super good at anything. They just get kinda good at some things.

But if you want to meet new people and get started working out I guess its ok. There are better ways to meet people besides cross fit but when your first getting started I guess it is a bit of a stretch. Good luck to you man.

http://nattyornot.com/real-reasons-crossfit-sucks/

5. Warrior01

Warrior01 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your responses. I really liked my first class. It's challenging, I'm doing it with other persons that we're starting too, the trainer explains really well how to do the excersises. I thinks this is what I need to build some kind of discipline regarding to working out. Hopes it gets good results too.