1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone dealing with sleep paralysis?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I personally haven't had any bad experiences out of it. It happened a few time to wake up,unable to move and stuff but nothing else. Haven't seen or heard anything weird.

How about you people? Can it be that bad as some claim?
    Write down your experiences. ( if you had any )

u376 and shen like this.
  2. I had one occassion. I can't recall not being able to move but I was too frightened to move anyway. I could swear something was standing behind me and could sense where exactly "it" was. For some reason I started thinking it was Jesus and it went away.

3. Nice my man,you handled it very well!!

4. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

I've had many strange experiences during and before sleep when I was a teenager. I've seen, heard and felt many things. Paralysis included. However, last years they have almost stopped...

shen likes this.
  5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I had it a couple of times in the beginning of my reboot: I'd wake up in the middle of a wet dream, aware of what was happening but unable to move in order to stop the release.

shen likes this.
  6. Kimpossible9

Kimpossible9 Fapstronaut

Tons of times.
    Not only that I can't move I also feel pressure on my chest and head while I'm asleep.
    Wanted to see a doctor, but then I changed my mind

shen likes this.
  7. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

Yeah I’ve had a few experiences (maybe 3-4 times) with sleep paralysis.

I recall 2 of them vividly. They were scary as shit.

One of them I was having a nightmare. I was screaming in my dream and I woke up still screaming but without being able to move. I was laying there screaming (ahhhhhh) without being able to move my body. I was also unable to breathe, it was like my brain was telling me to hold my breathe but I wanted to breathe. It didn’t last long and I eventually started breathing normally again and I was fine. It was seriously a weird and frightening experience. This happened during a nap in the daytime.

Another time I remember I woke up in the middle of the night. I had this terrible feeling that something was standing at the bottom of my bed. Like this demon looking thing. Rough skin, horns, red eyes. Just watching me. I couldn’t move either. It felt like it lasted forever but it must of only been about 10 seconds that I couldn’t move for.

I’ve had it happen other times aswell but they were just me being awake but being unable to move. Nothing scary happened them times. Thankfully I haven’t had it happen to me in over 2 years now. It’s not something I experience a lot but I remember I was struggling with anxiety a while back and this is when these sleep paralysis experiences took place.

I don’t believe in demons or spirits, simply my brain tricking me. I doubted the sleep paralysis thing when I first heard it, but then I experienced it and it is not a nice thing at all.

shen likes this.
  8. I wonder what could ve you seen if you weren't exposed at all tho these kind of things . Like if you wouldn't have read or seen anything related to spirits /demons.

shen likes this.
  9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It happens to me sometimes after having nightmares. They are not fun.

shen likes this.
  10. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

happens to me all the time... though I don't usually see anything scary or demons waiting for me. It's mostly paralysis, but there are time when I think someone is about to walk into my room, like one of my family members. There are other times where I think I'm actually slowly getting up out of bed but find out I'm still lying there paralyzed.

shen likes this.
  11. shen

shen Fapstronaut

As a man of faith, I chanted holy names when it last happened a few weeks ago. I was unable to move while chanting but it prevented a full paralysis episode.

I know this is a science forum so let's say it wasn't the bad juju surrounding the relapse but it was brain chemistry out of whack.

12. When you sleep, your brain paralyses you so that you don't act out your dreams.

Sleepwalking (and worse) happens when the paralysis doesn't work properly.

Sometimes, your brain might be a little delayed in cancelling the paralysis when you wake up, so there's a short period during which you can't move but you're awake. This is so-called sleep paralysis. If you're not quite awake, reality will be mixed up with a half-dream to create a hallucination.

I've had sleep paralysis many times since teenagehood, usually without hallucination. I hate it.

Trappist likes this.
  13. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Mate its the semen demons you let out.

14. Ripples16

Ripples16 New Fapstronaut

I have had a experience tonight and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it . I woke up and it wasn’t an OBE because I couldn’t see myself but I know it wasn’t a dream . My body was so heavy and when I managed to try and get up nothing electrical like lights were turning on and I was seeing family members. One of them being my mum who’s currently in a hospice so there’s no way shed be at home , Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Did this have something to do with a Succubus?

16. ImpureHuman

ImpureHuman Fapstronaut

There is nothing bad about it. Brain putting body in the paralysed state before dreams not to move while dreaming If you have paralysis often you can change that to lucid dreams. Or to get out from it just change the breathing pattern. Just search about Charlie Morley, Robert Waggner to know about lucid dreams, They are pioneers in the field.

I had sleep paralysis 2-3 times. last time I was just floating above my body. I can move my eyelids only and sense my breath. I felt light and non-physical. Ever since I wish to reach that state but fapping habit is stronger than practising lucid dreams and lost the ability over time. damn,.

check these links.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  17. I've had terrifying sleep paralysis experiences on multiple occasions. I can remember one time, probably the first time it happened, was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

I was having a really horrific dream, although I can't remember the specifics now. It's hard to describe, and it doesn't sound nearly as scary as it really is when it happens, but basically I became aware, at some point, that I was dreaming. At that point, I was desperately praying to wake up. I felt like I was in and out of consciousness between my nightmare and reality, and I was trying so hard to move, to wake myself up, or to scream for help from my husband who was in the other room, all to no avail. I was completely paralyzed.

I kept dreaming that I woke up, screamed for help or something, and my husband would come into the room and I would be crying and telling him about my dream, and then all of a sudden he would do something horrible or his face would turn into a demon's face and I would realize I was still dreaming, and still stiff in bed.

I was praying so hard I would wake up, and when I finally did, I called my husband into the room and I was crying so hard, I was so scared.

I've had this happen several more times since then, but it hasn't ever been quite as bad as that first time. Mostly, I think, because I've just gotten used to it more and know what's happening. But it's still really scary. I often wake up from semi-lucid nightmares, after sleep paralysis a lot of the time, and I'm afraid to go back to sleep because I don't want to have more nightmares. Sometimes this even happens really shortly after I've gone to bed, so I still have all night to have to sleep and hope that I don't have more nightmares (which I usually do).

I get scared at night sometimes, due to all my vivid nightmares, so a lot of nights I lay there praying and imagining angels surrounding me for protection. It usually helps.

18. I heard that avoiding sleeping on your back helps ; you probably know that by now! Nightmares and heavy stress are also big triggers. I know it from my own experience that stress will make it happen . The worst one I had was triggered by it.

19. Yes I'm aware of what really happens ,but is just not pleasant what occurs for some people when in this state..

20. To be honest I have a cousin which basically said she happened to experience something similar to that. She basically wakes up and does stuff , while in a sleep mode or something. She talks with her teacher.. ( which is not there ).