1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else suffer with binge eating/food disorders.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Yada91, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Yada91

Yada91 Fapstronaut

Now I've always liked food. The problem is it's mostly potato, biscuits, and bread based products.

I've tried through various points in life to lose weight and become more healthy. At one point I went from 15 stone to 11 stone and I felt awesome about it.

The trouble is I'm now bordering on 14 stone again and I feel this addiction is getting worse, almost feels like I'm replacing fap with excess food.

The exercise isn't a problem I walk for over an hour everyday and I'm really clued up on nutrition and fitness. I just can't help myself

I do really well until I get home from work, I eat relatively healthily and then just binge like crazy.

Anybody got any suggestions?

2. Nageroma

Nageroma Fapstronaut

I actually struggled with not eating when I was younger. I would eat and then make it a point to not eat for three, four, five days at a time and work out tons. Now that I'm older, I know that it never helped. But it's easy to go towards something to help with another addiction. It's hard to get out of that habit.

Set goals for yourself on how much you want to lose, stay focused and then allow yourself to take breaks on the weekends. The weekdays should be the days where you're concentrating on what you eat and being careful, but the most important thing is to remember why you want to lose weight. Always have a goal in mind and always stick to that goal.

We're always here for you!

3. Clumsy

Clumsy Banned

Most masturbators suffer from eating disorders to some extent, atleast minor.
    Either they gorge themselves in junk food (because of the urge for a high) or they eat too little. It's very common.

To lose weight, eat either a lowfat vegan, exclude all animal products and vegetable oils and other junk. Don't eat artifical products, strive to eat as naturally as possible.

Don't worry about protein, there's plenty of protein in vegan food. Infants double their size and yet breast milk contain only 5% protein. It's a big damn myth that we shall eat 100+ grams of protein every day.

4. Weiland

Weiland Fapstronaut

If you think about it, excessive eating is, in a way, as much of a fallback crutch as masturbation. I have a rapid metabolism, so it doesn't bother me, but I enjoy food and I find myself eating a lot of times when I'm bored or emotional in some way. Food makes me feel better; a good pizza, for example, is just what the doctor ordered to perk me up if I've had an icky day. In moderation, there's nothing wrong with food because it's natural to receive a pick-me-up after eating well.

However, as I always say, it's important to go to the root. Find out what the common denominator is whenever you catch yourself eating emotionally. Do you do it when you're angry? Tired? Stressed? Lonely? Hurt? Sexually frustrated? After sex? And is it more of a ritualistic thing - I like to pig out when I'm watching a favorite anime or TV series for a few hours - or is it more cyclic and subtle?

Disclaimer: Though I mentioned that emotional eating is similar to masturbation in a way, I want to make sure that though I did say "eating is good in moderation because it's fine to get a natural pick-me-up", PMO is not fine in moderation; it's destructive no matter the dose.

5. Yada91

Yada91 Fapstronaut

During the day at work I have a very good healthy diet consuming about 1100 calories. The problem is when I get home from work or a weekend. I just binge eat. I've asked my parents thousands of times not too buy junk food but they keep on doing it and turn it round on me. I partly agree but until I can develop that will power it's so grim they won't help. I think maybe I'm eating out of bordum but I can't 100% confirm it

6. IGY

IGY Guest

There is a difference between eating unhealthily, even binging occasionally, and having binge eating disorder. If you do, indeed, have binge eating disorder, do not diet.