1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any musicians?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by PianistStudent, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Nice! Good to see there are more musicians on here :)

Lions and Crimson Guard like this.
  2. Crimson Guard

Crimson Guard Fapstronaut

Yep

Lions and PianistStudent like this.
  3. Ward

Ward Fapstronaut

I play the piano aswell buuuutt am not a fan of the piano but more into the synthesizer! So Id like to consider myself of a synthesist more.

I play most of the time 80s New Wave, Synthpop and basically anything else thats synthethetic like New Order, Blondie, Depeche Mode, Yet am a biiig fan of A Flock Of Seagulls!!

PianistStudent likes this.
  4. Ward

Ward Fapstronaut

Edit: synthetically punkish*

5. Cool man!

6. beeralphamale

beeralphamale Fapstronaut

I'm a former trumpet player.

7. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

Piano, vocals, Native American flute
    I'm a self proclaimed music theory nerd. I enjoy composing and song writing. I've recently started choral arranging. I'm a volunteer choir director at church.

8. Nice!

Nice! Never heard a Native American flute before I think, I'll check it out!

9. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

I'm not as skilled as this, he's the best:

10. Very calming, love the sound of it! :)

11. Hectors

Hectors New Fapstronaut

Banjo player here. I also just bought an acoustic bass and one of my goals for 2018 is to try and learn to play it, but we'll see how that goes!

12. Cool, I always wanted to play the banjo too man!

Lions and Hectors like this.
  13. I play guitar, drums, bass, and I can play piano, but I've never really played an ACTUAL piano. I also write lyrics and write my own songs.

14. Yet another pianist here. I've been playing for nearly 8 years now. Improvisation is my strong suit, so I mostly play modern songs. Occasionally, I write my own stuff.

I'm mainly self-taught, but I've had a few teachers down the road. :p

15. Nice! But what do you mean with 'I can play piano, but I've never really played an actual piano'?
    Cool!:D

16. This is gonna sound stupid, but I downloaded a piano app onto my phone and I could play it hahaha. I mean, I guess technically I don't play piano, but I'm pretty sure I could play it. I just have to hear it. I have no training. I just stuck with it long enough and learned by ear. I used to look up guitar tabs, but then started doing it by ear. So glad I did that.

17. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

I think music's absolutely excellent I would love to chase it as a career path but I fear I started too late, 2015, everyone else always says how they started really young but I never got my hands on a guitar til I was 15, only 2 years experience, self taught and too scared to Join music a level and perform. I'll probably get nowhere in life and just become a broke stranger wandering the streets. thinking about what could've been. I'm scared for my future, I don't want to live an average life, a dull life full of boringnessss. ahh, it's impossible, it's our birth right to work and earn money to save

18. You can try recording at home. That's what I want to do. It's not as much as I thought it was.

19. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I have two guitars, the accoustic and the electric. And I have them for more than 12 years. Out of these two, I prefer the electric guitar. I'm not a big pro at it, I'm still an amateur.

I used to play drums a little, but then I got so lazy at using it. Lol..

20. Brandon F

Brandon F Fapstronaut

Multi-instrumentalist. Been playing piano for 18 years. Jazz, Classical, Pop, RnB, and Gospel. I also play the Bass Guitar, Upright, flute, Sax (Bari and tenor), trumpet, tuba, French horn, flugelhorn, guitar, drums, triangle, organ, and violin. Lol I stay busy