1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any heavy smokers that quit ciggs successfully

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Wuzzaap, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Wuzzaap

Wuzzaap Fapstronaut

Hey guys , i am a 1 pack a day smoker . Have been smoking for 8 years

I tried to quit twice cold turkey , i had a very strong will power . But the thing is my head starts hurting real bad , and i become very tired to a point where i dont concentrate at all. Its real cuz i tried to do cold turkey twice, i relapse out of physical pain , after a day or so

NRT made me quit for a week , still nicotine was in my body , when i dropped the dosage to 14 mg . I smoked cuz the cravings were intense.

There has to be a way , please someone share with me ur knowledge

2. my mother quit smoking 10 or so years ago but dosent like to talk about it but good luck!

3. I quit by using snus in smaller and smaller amounts then stopped altogether.

4. Yes, it is not that difficult. If you need mental support try "The easy way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr.

5. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger Fapstronaut

I stopped after 10 years of regular smoking. It was kind of similar to stop PM actually, a pain in the ass, and took me a long time to be able to stand next to a person with a cigarette and not be tempted to ask for one, about a year or so. Now, another 10 years later, I have no urge whatsoever to light a fag. Completely free from the addiction. But like PM I believe that if I would force myself to give it a try I would be hooked again in two seconds. Good luck to you!

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  6. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

I used to smoke a pack a day myself 17 years ago, smoked for five years. I believed what helped me was to quit boozing, because both go together pretty well. When I was sober for a month, that is when I quit cigarettes. I used nicotine patches for 3 months. What motivates me is the hundred thousand dollars I saved and I felt healthier too. But before quitting, you must ask yourself if your life situation is the reason why you smoke. I wanted to improve my life situation, so when I quit , I saved lots of money, attracted more girls and could run a few miles instead a few steps.

7. Try switching to vape. I used to use smokeless tobacco but had to quit, so I started vaping instead and I eventually quit that as well which was quite easy. It works because you can start out with a stronger vape liquid and gradually choke down the strength until the nicotine loses its grip on you.

8. Wuzzaap

Wuzzaap Fapstronaut

Honestly guys i dont want any type of external help . Quitting means quitting , no vape no NRT no medicine . Cold tuuurkeey

But what happened to me yesterday is that i quit for 7 hours , then an extreme headache came and i could not function , could not focus , and i became crazy .

I workout good so that is a major reason to quit , it makes me smell bad and breath is shiiit .

Does anybody know quit smoking communities

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. bodybuilder21

bodybuilder21 Fapstronaut

You need a reason to quit you cant just quit like im not gonna smoke tomorrow. 8years smoking more than pack a day. Was gonna quit to see if my dick gets better boners so i quit for 2 days then on 3rd day i started again and had sex 2 times :D i dont know if it mattered but i was feeling better than previous times.

10. If you are relatively healthy then most headache like this are dehydration. In the winter especially it's easy to forget to drink water. I've never heard of nicotine withdrawals resulting in extreme headaches but maybe.

11. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

I quit smoking about 1.5 years ago. I did it cold turkey after smoking for 7+ years.

The biggest thing about quitting is about identifying things that trigger you into smoking and the people that you smoked with. For me smoking was something I always did with my friends and a big part of quitting involved getting them to support me in quitting. Which meant they wouldn't smoke infront of me and wouldn't ask me to join them for a smoke. I tried quitting a few times before and it never worked out because I would always get into situations where a friend would want to go for a smoke and ask me to join them.

It's not easy and you will get moody and you will feel like shit when your body cleanses. You have to stay dedicated while your body goes through withdrawal which sucks, but if you stay committed it gets better.

12. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

It takes three days - only three days - for your body to physically not be addicted. The rest is mental and social conditioning.
    A craving lasts three minutes. If you can make it through three minutes you can make it through the craving.
    Each time you quit is one time closer to the last time you quit! Think about it.

Courage!

13. I quit cold turkey, haven't smoked cigs in months. Took up a cigar hobby. I smoke a max of 1 larger (Torpedo or Churchill) every day/other day. I don't crave them like I do cigarettes, and they feel like a luxury rather than a necessity. I can go weeks without smoking cigars without cravings. I generally reward a day of NoFap with a cigar.

14. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I was a smoker for most of my adult life, I quit when I was 27 cold turkey. I was a heavy smoker.

Honestly, I quit drinking because every time I drank I'd relapse. Then I started masturbating more (sorry, but true lol) to ease the cravings and withdrawals. This went on for maybe 2 months max. Once I could have a drink without desiring a cigarette, and be around smokers without desiring a cigarette, I started drinking again. Then I went on NoFap the next year.

Some things I did:
    1) Vipassana meditation-- both guided on an app, unguided, walking meditations in-person, and sitting meditations in-person (at a Buddhist temple
    2) Prayer-- asking God to take away my addiction, begging at some points
    3) Already mentioned but avoiding alcohol seemed to be a must for at least 1.5 months
    4) Avoiding smokers for the first couple of weeks
    5) Dive into workaholism and videogames-- videogames are one of the best ways to deal with withdrawals and cravings. Just don't let them become the next addiction

Allen Carr's book is great too. Set a quit smoking date in the future and smoke cigarettes like you normally would (maybe even more!) before that date hits. Maybe give yourself a month.

Oh-- I also worked with an emphysemic at the time. Emphysema is one of the most disgusting diseases in the world. Watching someone drown in their own phlegm, gasp for air, their skin is always a shade of red and blue-- yeah it will make you appreciate breathing. A lot.

15. I'm not going to lie but I've considered smoking cigars or growing my own tobacco and make my own cigarettes without nicotine or any chemicals whatsoever but some of these stories you guys are telling me are making me question my previous Ideas. Would any of you be willing to talk to me because so far this seems like a good conversation to have. And we could discuss our reasons for being interested in the first place.