1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety/panic attacks

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Casanerd20, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Casanerd20

Casanerd20 Fapstronaut

It was a hard relapse after a month of nofap and I only found myself indulging more. Not just in the type of stuff I watched but I would literally spend hours a day doing it. Maybe my body not getting that shot of dopamine is somehow being affected.

2. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

That could certainly be the case. As I’ve said earlier, the one thing to watch out for is how long this goes on. If it goes on too long, then it is not just reboot related. Living with this condition as I do, I know what you’re feeling and I don’t want you to suffer more than is necessary. If it is just re-boot related, it will pass soon. I hope that is the case for you.

3. Casanerd20

Casanerd20 Fapstronaut

It’s stuff that we should use as motivation but we end up letting it get the best of ourselves. I’m currently taking the summer off and waiting for fall. Whatever happens I won’t give up. When anxiety is high it leads you to think many negative things I would have thoughts that I would end up in a mental hospital or I will never feel normal again and it definitely sucks

4. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

It’s true, if it is just reboot related, it can be motivating because that it means you’re healing. If it is not reboot related, take it from me, there is nothing motivational about it nor will thinking of it that way or just suffering with it without doing anything make it any better. I’m not trying to be difficult, honest. But I waited for four months to get my first episode treated. By the time I finally gave in and sought help, I was suicidal. Tough it out for a while if you think that is necessary to learn whether it is reboot related. But please, don’t let it go too long like I did the first time.

5. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

I think I forgot to ask… How long has this been going on from your first attack up to now?

6. Casanerd20

Casanerd20 Fapstronaut

I definitely will. At the church I go to they actually have a counseling center with members that went to college for things like these and idk why but I feel comfortable In talking to people about it. I will set up a meeting next week and see what they advice me to do.

P-Free likes this.
  7. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

That sounds like a good plan. Especially if you feel comfortable talking to them about it, it will be even easier and less stressful for you. I look forward to hearing how it all turns out! Please know that I am sending you the very best wishes!

8. Casanerd20

Casanerd20 Fapstronaut

I had my attack on may 20. I can definitely see the improvement from the first week. I could literally feel my brain pounding and whenever I was out I felt spaced out. My anxiety would be through the roof but this week I’ve been definitely more calm. Even though I had an attack yesterday it didn’t affect me like the first one did

9. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

That’s actually a good sign. It hasn’t been that long and you are seeing improvement. I would still talk to the people you mentioned just in case. Again, please keep me posted and best of luck!

10. Casanerd20

Casanerd20 Fapstronaut

When I had the attack I was already a week in to nofap again and this time I’m taking it serious. Thank you so much again for the advice and for making me feel like it’s not the end of the world or that this is gonna kill me which is exactly what it feels like.

11. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

You are most welcome! I’m glad I could help. And I understand what you mean… When you’re in the grip of it, it does feel like the end of the world or you’re going to die. Best of luck on your reboot, too!

12. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

Oh I agree buddy, I in no way was trying to argue.

P-Free likes this.
  13. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

From my understanding when I read the original post I thought he was saying that he never had issues untill he started his reboot. So I was thinking that it was a strong possibility it’s what that was from. So I wasn’t sure if taking medication was the answer.

However I agree with you p-free, there are the cases where medication might be necessary. If it doesn’t go away after sometime, or gets serious enough if your thinking about hurting yourself or someone else than help is needed.

I hope your able to recover and find peace OP!

P-Free likes this.
  14. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

Good to know. I sometimes come across the wrong way than I intend to. Glad we're good, man. :)

15. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

Very good point. Perception is amazing, isn't it? For some reason, I got the opposite understanding. I ended up asking about it, and it's only been going on for less than a month. Still sucks, but not likely rising to the level of needing meds just yet. For his sake, I hope it passes.

16. Amomum Tears 2

Amomum Tears 2 Fapstronaut

Do you get good exercise? When I was your age (47 now), the huge amount of energy led to huge anxiety, which got much easier if I worked out hard.

I also recommend the cold-shower practice for anxiety. As cold as you can, for as long as you can stand, then back to warm. Very good for you.

Clerk373 and P-Free like this.
  17. Casanerd20

Casanerd20 Fapstronaut

I actually do feel a little better after workouts. I never thought of it as being energy but I do find myself pacing a lot just going back and forth. It helps cus I get my mind off things and it feels good to just sweat it off. I don’t do a lotof exercise but I’ll go harder now. I’ve also read a lot on the cold showes. I don’t really know the explanation behind those

Amomum Tears 2 and P-Free like this.
  18. Amomum Tears 2

Amomum Tears 2 Fapstronaut

The explanation is, the cold shower builds stress tolerance, which will help you in every area of life. Psychologically, it benefits you, because you have the direct experience of using your willpower to do something that is unpleasant in the short-term, but beneficial in the bigger picture.

19. Casanerd20

Casanerd20 Fapstronaut

I’m setting up an appointment with a doctor either tomorrow or next week. I think it would be good to take something generic for my anxiety just to kind of calm me down and then slowly I’ll get myself back to normal. Some days I feel better and I’ve gotten better at controlling the panic attacks I don’t let it get that far. I think I really scared myself since the first attack since it was terrifying. It’s getting to the point where I have to think twice about going to the store or going out to eat because I’m scared I might have an attack. I will talk to the doctor about the medication you told me about.

P-Free likes this.
  20. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

Thank you for keeping me posted. I think you made a good decision. If it's getting to the point that you're thinking twice about typical life things like shopping or going out to eat, it's definitely interfering in your life more than it should. Your description "take something generic for my anxiety just to kind of calm me down and then slowly I’ll get myself back to normal," sums up exactly what the purpose of the Klonopin is. I'm glad you're moving forward to a place where you can be comfortable and enjoy life again! As always, I'm here if you have questions or need support. All my best!