1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety / Fear coping

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by noonoon, Mar 18, 2018.

1. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

anyone have some tips for dealing with anxiety and fear? I could use some!

Here’s some of mine:
    1. I imagine it as a ball inside but separate from myself. I then slowly invite it out of me and “watch it leave”
    2.if I wake up with anxiety I open a enjoyable religious book on my kindle paper white in low light setting and read it till I fall back to sleep.

moonesque and Deleted Account like this.
  2. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Try some meditation and working on understanding where the fears and anxiety are coming from. Fears can be real and valid but we choose to follow them instead of whatever value we have that is in conflict with fear.

The first one reminds me of a letting go process, realize that your fears are internal and not external and they can be controlled and let go of.

3. unk45d3

unk45d3 Fapstronaut

Meditation and mindfulness are wonderful tools for dealing with anxiety and improving general wellbeing, which is increasingly supported by scientific evidence (although they are not yet included in many public health messages).

I fully support @moonesque 's suggestion on learning where your fears and anxiety stem from. In Europe's more advanced medical care systems, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is the recommended treatment for this. It helps you ease out the fears a little at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed by the negative emotions and learn to overcome them.

I recommend speaking to physician, as they should have access to CBT for you and can prescribe anti-anxiety medication. As your anxiety improves, you may notice also that PMO is easier to avoid, as that anxious feeling makes us crave our addictions.

Also, congrats on such a long streak!

moonesque likes this.