Announcement: Welcome to the new NoFap design!

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Alexander, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Jirka

Jirka Fapstronaut

Two suggestion about improving this website:
    (1) Sometimes I still find it difficult to write a longer posting through my phone. When the text gets longer, I can't easily scroll back and forward.
    (2) This just happened to me today. I was writing a journal entry, and when I finish it and click "Post Reply", I get a message "You must be login to do that". It was because I got automatically logged out during my writing because I took a long break in the middle of my writing. And after I logged in I was directed to the forum home page and my text disappeared! It would be really nice if the writing draft got saved somewhere in the case I get automatically logged out so that I don't need to write it all over again...
    Overall, thanks for your work keeping this website going, in times of depression I still rely on you!

2. Rebooter

Rebooter New Fapstronaut

That's awesome..... It is lot more easier to read the content on tablets now.

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  3. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

I like the font choice and some elements of the styling. It's probably all more clear in a modern UX sense.

However, I do not at all like this HUGE default font size. Maybe in the future there can be a per-account style setting that lets someone choose their viewing mode font size.

Techie notes: If I look at Gmail with compact setting in default Firefox settings, NoFap is at least 2 whole font levels larger. Honestly, probably 3 levels bigger. Verdana always trends a bit larger per same pt size. Please understand, I love Verdana (and Tahoma and Droid Sans) and use them nearly universally in both websites and even for my own coding. Modern fonts can be wonderfully easy to read on modern screens. But, sometimes a compensation to a lower size is nice. I don't know your target platform, but I'm just using a desktop PC with a standard HD screens (1920x1080 at 24").

4. New Focus

New Focus Fapstronaut

I love the overall look. There is however, 1 issue for myself. The forum strings on top left- Forums>General>NoFap. The old version had it on both top and bottom. When it is on the bottom I just have to hit the last heading and it takes me back to that forum posts. Now, I must scroll all the way back to the top to do that.

Minor issue I know...

5. Lets_do_this

Lets_do_this Fapstronaut

I like the new look, but it would be good if there was some separation between the real post and signature of the user. As it is at the moment the difference is quite hard to tell. Good job with the new design anyway!