Announcement: Introducing embedded day counters.

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Alexander, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Alexander

Alexander Fapstronaut
    Staff Member Founder

Try it again. What time did you try to input?

2. tommilover

tommilover Fapstronaut

I can't seem to see mine - I don't know if others can . . .

3. Grekle

Grekle Fapstronaut

I tried multiple times with the same response. Just now I entered today's date, with 11 AM, when that failed I entered today's date with 2 PM, no success.

Thanks.

4. Grekle

Grekle Fapstronaut

I cannot. I can see others.

5. tommilover

tommilover Fapstronaut

Ah - Grekle and I are in the same boat here . . . .

6. Alexander

Alexander Fapstronaut
    Staff Member Founder

What browser are you using? Adblock? Javascript blocked?

7. Dajic

Dajic Guest

Perhaps it's a browser setting on their side, but perhaps not on the side of the visitors. I, for example, also cannot see Grekle's and Tommilover's tracker but I can see yours:

2017-03-31_09-28-48.png

So my browser can show the tracker, but it just chooses not to show Grekle's and Tommilover's ones. :)

8. Dajic

Dajic Guest

The 'Error: invalid time' happens when you try to enter a date and time that hasn't happened yet.

For instance, in my local time zone it's 9:45 now. So setting the tracker to March 31, 12:00 (noon) gives the error message:

2017-03-31_09-45-48.png

Perhaps this error message can be made a bit more descriptive. I came across it too when I first used the tool.

9. Dajic

Dajic Guest

I don't think my earlier comment is true, based on closer inspection. This is what I saw, perhaps it can help Jack (the developer) find the issue quicker:

On my computer, I can see Alexander's badge, which is placed in the webpage through the HTTP request at https://tracker.nofap.com/xf/badge/1 . That request redirects (302) to https://tracker.nofap.com/xfstatic/500M.png to give the actual image.

Tommilover's badge is attempted to be placed through https://tracker.nofap.com/xf/badge/85204 . The status code for that request is 200, and not a redirect to the .png file with his badge statistics.

If I look at the HTTP headers for both tracker.nofap.com requests, I see that:
    The issue might not be caused by this issue but rather a configuration in the backend, but I noticed it in the developer tools so I thought I should mention it here. It might be something or it might not be something. :)

10. tommilover

tommilover Fapstronaut

using Safari - will check adblock etc.

11. tommilover

tommilover Fapstronaut

java script is enabled - no adblock - DO have a popup blocker

12. Grekle

Grekle Fapstronaut

Ok, "Error: Time Invalid" issue resolved. I was entering a time set for the future. Set time for the past, and worked fine.

13. Grekle

Grekle Fapstronaut

Although I cannot see my badge or tommilover's... Using chrome. Can see Alexander's.

14. Kristian

Kristian Fapstronaut

15. I found a typo in the counter:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  16. tommilover

tommilover Fapstronaut

I guess that was it - although I only remember setting it for the future once of my many tries - this one - though - seems successful...

17. nfguyrio

nfguyrio Fapstronaut

For me gives the error : Invalid time =(

18. Oh yes, this is fantastic! Thank you @alexander and especially @Jack Fischer for the NoFap Counter!

19. TheArtist01

TheArtist01 Fapstronaut

20. prosencephalon

prosencephalon New Fapstronaut

I am having trouble, It says Invalid time :(