1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Fans Here? Clean Show Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Micah Marshall, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Micah Marshall

Micah Marshall Fapstronaut

Just curious are there any anime fans here? I am a HUGE otaku when it comes to shows like Fullmetal Alchemist, Madoka Magica, Aldnoah Zero, and ERASED! I know that there is a generally sexual content in the media, but has anyone dived into it and found some clean series that they want to share?

2. floof

floof Fapstronaut

Hm... This is more difficult than I thought, most of my favorites, like Shin Sekai Yori and Revolutionary Girl Utena, while not explicit, have sexuality as an integral part of the plot one way or another. If you can stand gore, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni might be worth watching. I much prefer its successor, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, though, which is a little more sexual and has a little fanservice, but the Umineko anime is just plain bad and you have to play the visual novel first to understand just what is going on. Also Neon Genesis Evangelion might be worth watching. It gets no worse than not really explicit masturbation and a pseudo-symbolic naked cosmic woman in the movie sequel to the series.

3. BigBob

BigBob Fapstronaut

Samurai Deeper Kyo

4. s5284

s5284 Fapstronaut

Some of my favorites that have little to no sexual content: Baccano, Moribito, Gankutsuou. If you enjoy some cutesy stuff, shows like Carcdaptor Sakura and Heartcatch Precure are very clean and I enjoyed those a lot. And if you can handle how violent it gets, I would definitely second Higurashi. I've watched a lot so the list could be a lot longer.

5. Most of the anime I enjoy are comedy slice of life type of shows, so I dunno if you'll like some of my suggestions. They're all 100% clean shows though, with barely any triggering content whatsoever.

- The Tatami Galaxy (A surreal sorta slice of life anime about one's journey in college. The animation is a sight to behold.)
    - The World God Only Knows (A fun romantic comedy)
    - One Punch Man (It was released around last year in Japan, it's a great shounen anime about an overpowered MC, it's fun and full of action)
    - Nichijou (A gag anime that focuses on the 'daily lives' of three high school girls. It's wacky and a lot of fun)
    - Hataraku Maou Sama/The Devil is a Part Timer (Demon King goes to Earth and ends up working a job at a fast food restaurant. Hilarity ensues.)

Almost all of the anime I've listed here are all a fun watch. It may seem difficult to find anime that feature little to no fanservice but they're out there. You just gotta look in the right places.

6. NamelessЖ

NamelessЖ Fapstronaut

Well there's Dragon ball Super. Not sure if you're into that though I have to say it is interesting what's going on right now.

7. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

Boku no Hero Academia, Sword Art Online (Both Seasons), Tokyo Ghoul (Both Seasons), Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress, Attack on Titan, Rokko no Yuusha, Fate/Zero (both seasons), Fate/Unlimited Blade Works (both seasons)

8. Orangeraie

Orangeraie Fapstronaut

Four slow paced animes but they are all good :

Aria : Very peaceful slice of lice (I literally cried when i saw the beauty of this anime).
    Bartender : A short series about a bartender who listen his clients about their life. (Slice of Life)
    Kemono no Souja Erin : Hard to describe but it is worth to watch (A girl raises sort of Komodo Dragon destinated to do war)
    Kino no Tabi : A great philosophical journey

In an other type, you must see NHK ni Yokoso. It contains triggers, but i think is useful to watch if your a NoFap member. It deals with Lolicon, Fap, Drugs, Social Withdrawal, MMO addiction, suicide...

PS : Sorry for my awful english.

9. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

Black Bullet. The hero works to defend Tokyo from monsters alongside outcast superhuman girls. Only thirteen episodes, pretty clean if rather violent. Some of the humor revolving around the hero and his ten year old partners really started to grate on me, but if you can look past "loli" jokes...

I just watched a three part crossover called Cyborg 009 vs Devilman. Lots of action. I knew very little of the first and nothing of the latter, but they do a decent job at summarizing the premise with each. Brief nudity near the end, nothing sexual about it. Also very brief nudity in the credits, like split second.

10. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Durarara
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom